The demise of Hip-Hop by Eurydice

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i vehemently disagree with that article.

why?

everyone said the same thing about hip hop when it first started. it was a disgrace; it wasnt "Real" music. they said the same things when rock came into play. every generation seems to despise the new generation that comes along. i dont like a LOT of what is out today, but at the same time its really just nostalgia kicking in, clamoring for the "good ol days" the same as eevry geenration befor eme does.

the same way we decry the current trends, our parents and grandparents yelled about our "noise" and still do. like it or not, it is the very same attitude that this generation has, simply because it isnt what they grew up on.

ill o.g.
thats funny truth i never really thought about it like that, like our parents tell us that the music we listen to is crap, we're already doin the same exact thing to the next generation of music, i guess we're too old to appreciate what has become of rap, fuck it let the young kids enjoy it

I would just like to add if this is the demise of hip hop thats cool, let it be because with destruction always come rebirth of something new and we are in need of a change somebody needs to come out and make it "cool" to be creative and original for the mainstream audience, but i don't really care because i'll jus keep bumpin that thought provoking underground shit as long as the mainstream is all bling bling gangsta, dance shit all the time... the only reason i say there needs to be a change is becasuse i don't think its fair that theirs thousands of artists out there who r really talented but because they don't have that Lil john or 50 cent sound they will never make it

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
let me edit my statements a bit:

actually, i agree with pieces of it. certain elements.... hip hop is no longer the free spirit, the young woman dreaming of her wedding day, but the emotionally abused housewife married to the rich, all american man whose rep is so good nobody would believe her if she told them about it.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Just like her other article i dont like this one either..

Why would 50 Cent even lower his lyrical talents to battling Ja Rule?
this one cracked me up! a top notch quote hahahaha

Soul Reapa

ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
i vehemently disagree with that article.

why?

everyone said the same thing about hip hop when it first started. it was a disgrace; it wasnt "Real" music. they said the same things when rock came into play. every generation seems to despise the new generation that comes along. i dont like a LOT of what is out today, but at the same time its really just nostalgia kicking in, clamoring for the "good ol days" the same as eevry geenration befor eme does.

the same way we decry the current trends, our parents and grandparents yelled about our "noise" and still do. like it or not, it is the very same attitude that this generation has, simply because it isnt what they grew up on.
hmmmm he's got a point

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i didn't agree with much in the article..... that 50 cent quote is gold lol.... what lyrical ability ? you mean the supposed incredible skill trumped up by the media (and the radio stations paid to play his records) and pls. tell what business would give a bad review to an artist who is paying top $$ for ads in their magazine blah blah blah....

that said i do really feel the lrics on the common track i used to love HER.... (recommended listening)

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Truth, your opinion is very true in a lot of ways, but it's definately true that right now at least the rap that's played on the radio is objectively trash. I mean, there's a fuckin song with a dude whispering his lyrics, and the beat is nothing but some toms and snapping. If that isn't garbage, what is? The lyrical content has fallin off big time. I don't remember any Chingys or Ja Rules in the mid nineties. It's all good though, because I believe that the current state of pop culture is a result of where the economy is. Right now, we're on the brink of a crash similar to 1929, and right now society is in denial about what's quality. After the crash, people will realize that you can't depend on the system and popular opinions, and that you have to use your own mind, and people will start seeing through the bull-shit more, and good music will prevail. Eventually, the cream rises to the top.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
like i said, i dislike much of whats out.. and yes i do believe its trash... but i just think that a little perspective is in order.

T

The Bastard

Am I Sped Or What Where The Fuck Is This Interview I Looked All Over The Site For It

E

Equality 7-2521

i reckon the article was pretty lame.

anyone asking where the next lot of good Hiphop artists is, isn't looking hard enough for good Hiphop. ive said it a million fucking times on this site and i seriously dont know why im about to say it again but GOOD HIPHOP IS PLENTIFUL. Open your fucking eyes. There is more good Hiphop nowadays than there ever was. Anyone who thinks Hiphop is dead, must be in deep sleep.

Eurydice: i think your heart is in the right spot but your eyes arnt. you clearly love what Hiphop is about. but your letting pop culture control your thoughts about how healthy Hiphop is. Hiphop will never die. simple as that. Too many people love it & too many people will continue to love it. You just think Hiphop is dying because of what "THEY" tell you is "Hiphop." They tell you Nelly and co. are Hiphop. and so you think Hiphop is dying because Nelly is clearly crap. my point is, forget what is being handed to you on a platter. dig in the crates a bit. remember? digging in the crates? haha. jk. ofcourse you do. you grew up with Hiphop. so, go dig in the crates and you will inevitably find that Hiphop is strong and healthy.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Equality 7-2521 said:
i reckon the article was pretty lame.

anyone asking where the next lot of good Hiphop artists is, isn't looking hard enough for good Hiphop. ive said it a million fucking times on this site and i seriously dont know why im about to say it again but GOOD HIPHOP IS PLENTIFUL. Open your fucking eyes. There is more good Hiphop nowadays than there ever was. Anyone who thinks Hiphop is dead, must be in deep sleep.

Eurydice: i think your heart is in the right spot but your eyes arnt. you clearly love what Hiphop is about. but your letting pop culture control your thoughts about how healthy Hiphop is. Hiphop will never die. simple as that. Too many people love it & too many people will continue to love it. You just think Hiphop is dying because of what "THEY" tell you is "Hiphop." They tell you Nelly and co. are Hiphop. and so you think Hiphop is dying because Nelly is clearly crap. my point is, forget what is being handed to you on a platter. dig in the crates a bit. remember? digging in the crates? haha. jk. ofcourse you do. you grew up with Hiphop. so, go dig in the crates and you will inevitably find that Hiphop is strong and healthy.

word, i feel what ya sayin about her needin to dig, but the article was still dope. It still shows that people out there are lookin for what we know is o0ut there.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
hehehehe there is more than the forums bastard, venture on the mainsite,, dont be lazy now.

T

The Bastard

RigorMortis said:
hehehehe there is more than the forums bastard, venture on the mainsite,, dont be lazy now.
I SAID I SEARCHED THE WHOLE SITE YOU SON OF A BITCH LOL, I SEARCHED THE ARTICLES SECTION I DIDNT SEE IT, MAYBE I JUST MISSED IT

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
I SAID I SEARCHED THE WHOLE SITE YOU SON OF A BITCH LOL, I SEARCHED THE ARTICLES SECTION I DIDNT SEE IT, MAYBE I JUST MISSED IT
hahaha dont get hot headed on me now, i found it in a sec, dont smoke too much could kill your focus hehe