The Black Album Production Opinions?

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Na... that kanye beat was fire... i didn't think so to start with... but it's hot... the intro and then how it hits is real nice... it's a grower... but as people said... not his best... but still fire...

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
also what i said about guru... that's kinda stupid of me to say that because i know that guru doesn't make beats... and i know that Young Guru is the technician... but that beat does actually sound like a prem beat...

W

Wreccless

over all the production is great on it, the only fault i find with the album is the lack of consistency (although thats not the producers' faults). each track sounds so out of place after each track.

btw, i loved the Em track. i dont know why so many people dislike his beats. the argument of them being similar makes no sense if you just take the song on its own and realize its good

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
there isnt an argument about them sounding the same; its that they all suck and sound the same. they arent, good, and yes thats just my opinion, but this guy is a friggin joke of a "producer" much less a beatmaker.... he is a disgrace to all real producers out there. you honestly think his beats are nice? he has no sense of melody..... dooo....DOOooo DOOOo...DOOOOOO...DOOOo..DOOooo...dooo. thats an eminem melody. a, b, c, d, e, d, c, a, b..... wow. tahts hard. listen to the damn tracks and you will see what i mean. honestly, they are just generic. thats it generic. i guess i should shut my mouth now that guervara has a meting setup with a shady rep ad hopefully he'll get a deal of some sort...... so then i got to just bite it, wont i? just cause i want to support his team and all.......... so i will stop talking about how em's beats are pure trash.

i dont think that the what more can i say beat sounds anything like a primo track, whatsoever....... i have never heard a primo track like that.... now the original track that biggie was on (i'll post it if no one else knows what im talkin about) could pass for a primo track, but not this one.... just my thoughts on that.

as far as kanye... what do you mean, dramatic 70's soul sample? "encore" and "lucifer" , the only kanye tracks on there....... encore is mellow and lucifer is more of a dancehallish track......... you must mean december 4th, right? that would make more sense. that was just blaze.......

alright, i am through being critical... just my thoughts there.......

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Loud brass melody and crazy piano riff over the entire track = dramatic to me. Plus its 107bpm. I would consider both Neptunes tracks "mellow" not the west track. Either way I'm not too impressed with the album.

ill o.g.
I loved the whole album. I still think The Blueprint2 is a little better, but the whole album was good.

Just Blaze was better in the Blueprint2, but he did the usual crazy shit.

I loved Timb's track (dust your shoulder). It sounds clean and dirty at the same time.

Eminems Beat (moment of clarity) was hot (for the first 1000 times i heard it).

Kanye's track (encore) wasnt the Kanye we all know and love, but it was ok. But Lucifer was GOOOOOD.

Rick Rubin's beat (99 Problems) sucked. It sounded like a dj that tried to mix rock records with 10 turntables. If it werent for Jay-Z's 2nd verse, it probly wouldntve made it to the pressing.

Neptunes sounded too much like Neptunes. Change Clothes was new and different though, i liked that.

9th wonder (threats)is hot for the setup he's got. Plus Cedric in the background had me laughin for a minute.

I loved the album, but i know everybody couldve put more effort into it. It's jay-z's last album!

wutever though.

PEACE

Marval

I need work
ill o.g.
Not heard enuff to judge it yet but i wasin't feelin
the stuff i was did hear at all how is he with the lyrics
on this album ?

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
This album sucks. It has to be the worst produced album of the year considering who Jay-z is and the budget he has to record an album. He's a BUM for this one. I'm glad this is his last album .... no more garbage from him.

O

o.Prime

On that MTV interview with Sway he said something about him trying to go for that classic 80's feel, i.e. Change Clothes sounding like early Cameo. I think he got too wraped up in that whole idea.

O

o.Prime

Oh, and instead of Rick Rubin producing a rock-esque track on the album, I think he should of went with Z-Trip.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
"loud brass over crazy piano" that equals dramatic? how? hey to each his own i guess...... sounds more like some cuban type big band to me, more up beat swing......

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
THE WHOLE ALBUM WAS WHACK!!!!!!!! FOR HIS LAST ALBUM HE SURE FIZZLED OUT, THATS SAD, ONLY RADIO PLAY, AND SHIT BASH IS IN THAT LINE UP TOO, WHAT HAVE WE BECOME??????? SHEEP?

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
IF "Public Service Annoucement" is wack , I can't wait to be that wack,
I just dont get it, if some body in the showcase put the song "threat" on the post yall would be like,

So and So : Man "Threat" was off the chain, good drums and piano loop, all that other bullshit yall say in the showcase.

But since its on Jay Z album, it;s okay or wack

Crazy!

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wut are yall sayin. black album is a hot album. a good way for anybody to go out. Productions for the most part are good quality. jay brings out da best in any beat maker.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
all i now he turned away about 5 premo tracks and i'm sorry listen to the beatz premo should of had atleast 2-3 beatz on the album but the lyrics is ill always so i think i can forgive but can't forget

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The black album production was clean! December 4th was the best beat on there. Why do you guys hate on eminem, his beat was hot. Dirt off your shoulder was good too, but too repetative and tiring. What more can i say was weak because someone already made the excact same beat on the Mac Mall album "Mackin' speaks louder than words." Threat was sick. So was public service announcement. Lucifer was hard. And my first song was also tremendous. Overall, it was a great album and i think a lot of your expectations were way too high.

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
I thought this album was pretty good. Wasnt the best but it wasnt the worst either. I find it better than most of the new albums coming out these days. Best tracks definately public service announcement. My 1st song is dope. I was feeling threat and dec4th as well. The rest didnt suck but didnt really stand out to me either.