That Timberland effect.

hollaatroy

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Timberland got a track with Justin Timberlake and TI called My Love. He has this crazy echoing synth effect he uses. Anybody know how to create that effect (preferably in Reason 3.0)?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yeah, just a simple synth sound with some panning echos.

but why would you want do to the same thing somebody has already done?

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Vince said:
yeah, just a simple synth sound with some panning echos.

but why would you want do to the same thing somebody has already done?

Agree. Try making your own sound with the same synth by adding crazy ass effects to it. the other day i added an auto filter to a moog synth along w/ a phaser and flanger and it was one of the coolest sounds ive ever heard, and nobodys using it.

R

rhickey

I too was kinda wondering about this. not so much how to get that effect so much as the echo, the stuttering effect. it doesnt sound like it's played stocatto so much as having some effect cut in and out to the beat. i was wondering what that effect was? some kind of delay?

hollaatroy

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Good lookin' on the tips.

As far as "copying" Timberland, this whole home studio/production realm is all new to me. Never be trained in music, so some of the terms y'all use are all new to me. Not that I'm trying to copy dude, but to create my own, I figured I at least needed a blueprint or a starting point. Most of you cats sound like music geniuses to me. I haven't even fully mastered Reason yet. But I love music and have a good ear (at least I think so) for good and music. Again, much love for tips, and I'll be on that level one day!

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
its just a gated synth sound its used all the time in trance/techno stuff ! u can do it with any sound really !

I think you got it rite.You can use a plugin like CamelSpace or any other gate
(Sometimes called.TranceGate) plugin.

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have heard some Arpeggios that have that effect like on the Motif (which is my baby, besides the MPC) and on the motif I know you can create your own Arpeggios...