that super mellow rhodes sound...

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
aiight... I'm done with trying to get this sound. Listen to this track:

The extra mellow rhodes sound that comes in at 1:37 (it's there throughout the track, just more obvious from there on).

How the hell do you get that sound??? I've been trying with Lounge Lizard 3 and Emagic EVP73 but can't get it for shit. Anyone got some tips on this one???

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
Lounge Lizard is cool, that should do the job. I used it quite a bit before I got my korg. Play around with the tremolo, thats a dope ass effect.

Maybe I am biased but the rhodes on the korg tr, roland fantom or even motif, beat the rhodes in lounge lizard. Also I think Dilla had the real thing on that track, a real fender rhodes definitely beats any hardware or software synth when it comes to doing what it does.

Font

Producer / Sound Designer
ill o.g.
My NI Elektric Piano is capable of getting these type of mellow sounds. But you still got to have the ability to phrase and blend your keys in this particular way. I'm not the best keys player so what normally do is, I sustain a couple of mid range chords. Then play some improvised higher notes to sweeten and make the sound fuller.
Also not forgetting the Tremolo effect but don't over do it.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
see that rhodes sound is what i've been searching for for years. The closest I can get is messing with the tremelo and filtering out some of the higher frequencies so it's that lush midrange you're after. Still though, I can only get "close" to that. It could be the tremelo plug-in I use. an then it depends on if you're trying to make it stereo, how stereo you want it.... etc.

If anyone gets some headway on this post up!!

members online