Technics turntable to Behringer mixer to M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Sup..

I've been trying to sample from records at home from my turntables. Problem is when i try to connect my turntables to my mixer, i get a heavily disorted and way softer sound than i had in mind..

What's the problem? can somebody explain.. Do I maybe need to activate the phantom power on my mixer.. it's not a DJ mixer, it's just a real simple and cheap Behringer mixer..

Thanx in Advance!

One,
Lazy

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
The sound goes like this:

Out
soundcard
mixer
monitors

In
Turntable
Mixer
Souncard

Is this correct and which channel should i use on the mixer? to put it in.. just an input right? Thanx for reaching out Fade

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It should be any input but try them all just to troubleshoot. What about headphones? Try plugging the turntables into the mixer but listen through the headphones, forget about the soundcard right now.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
yeah i think it has something to do with a little steel thing that's also attached to the two stereo ins..

It's like some kinda thing that should go somewhere but i don't have any room on my mixer to put it in.. it looks like a small plug..

The sound doesn't as loud as its supposed too, maybe i need a pre amp or something? or can i use the Fantom Power?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh you mean the ground wires?? If so, try to ground it to something, touch some metal with it or something and see if the distortion goes away. I don't think you need to use the phantom power, it's really only for mics.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i think it is because you dont have an amp powering the mixer on the input....

does it sound shite when you play the smapled noise through the output? if not it is what i said, if it does it is probablly either 1) the deck aint grounded, 2) you have it in the line input rather than the phono 3) the volumes are down on the master/gain 4) your soundcard might only record into one balance input rather than two unblanced 5) you are recording the wrong channel through the mixer....there are more possiblities but exhaust these first...

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
does it sound shite when you play the smapled noise through the output? if not it is what i said, if it does it is probablly either 1) the deck aint grounded,

Haze is right, you need to ground the turntable. Buy a cheap DJ mixer, 30 - 50 bucks, problem solved. Connect the ttbl to the djmixer, djmixer to your regular mixer.

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Your problem is, your trying to run a PHONO line, to a stereo line.. You need a Phono pre-amp.

A DJ mixer would work as well, but a $49 phono pre will sound better then a $49 DJ mixer.. Unless you need the fader's, ect for a second sound source.

I snagged a $49 rolls at GC for $25.. Problem solved..

TT>Phono Pre> Mackie 1202> EMU-0404

And your turn table will ground to your phono pre.

Your problem is, your trying to run a PHONO line, to a stereo line.. You need a Phono pre-amp.

A DJ mixer would work as well, but a $49 phono pre will sound better then a $49 DJ mixer.. Unless you need the fader's, ect for a second sound source.

I snagged a $49 rolls at GC for $25.. Problem solved..

TT>Phono Pre> Mackie 1202> EMU-0404

And your turn table will ground to your phono pre.

^^^^ Thats your answer right there ^^^^
You need to have the grounding screw and a PHONO input on the mixer/pre amp