Synths & Leads Are The New "Important" Sounds of R&B/POP

C

ChaseSudlah

I Think that when it comnes to R&B and Pop mnusic, both of which I produce as well as many other genres, the track MUST have a nice synth or a lead in the beat. I tend to favor the strong heavy "big lead" from my motif sounds for my pop and r&b beats....how i twist it is by putting a flanger with a phaser onto the lead...of which I have customized for my own use. This gives it an intergalactic out of this world sound!

I want to know what you think and if you dont think that Synths & Leads are the new "important" sounds of r&b and pop then what is/are to you.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I Think that when it comnes to R&B and Pop mnusic, both of which I produce as well as many other genres, the track MUST have a nice synth or a lead in the beat. I tend to favor the strong heavy "big lead" from my motif sounds for my pop and r&b beats....how i twist it is by putting a flanger with a phaser onto the lead...of which I have customized for my own use. This gives it an intergalactic out of this world sound!

I want to know what you think and if you dont think that Synths & Leads are the new "important" sounds of r&b and pop then what is/are to you.

I dont think a synth lead is the most important aspect, I think it comes down to the chourds of the song...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
very part of the track is important ... synths and leads r nothing new when it comes to pop and r&b ... if i had to pick one area where i have seen the most increase in usuage in pop and r&b, it would have to be the use of autoune or melodyne on the vocals. Almost every vocal on the radio has noticeable amounts of autotune all over it... makes u wonder who can really sing and who can sortof sing.

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13

Synth's been around since the 70's or so ...... it's nothing new. Synth can be a part of any genre not just R&B and Pop music. It's not really the most important thing for a track.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^But I think, in today's hip pop (mainstream hiphop...) and pop RnB, the usage of leads is increasing. We all know that synths where here in the 90's, but if you listen to the BET top 10 beats right now, it's all Synth Synth Synth.

But I do believe that has a lot to do with the fact the south sound is really present in most commercial hiphop tracks these days...

samuelock

I want Funnel Cake.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
i completely disagree. synths are okay from time to time, but i believe that true "Rhythm and Blues" music should stick to acoustic sounds.

synths are okay for Pop. "hip-hop" on the radio is Pop in disguise. so is RnB.

yes, they may be "popular," but definitely not "important" or even necessary at all in my opinion.

bring rhodes back!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i completely disagree. synths are okay from time to time, but i believe that true "Rhythm and Blues" music should stick to acoustic sounds.

synths are okay for Pop. "hip-hop" on the radio is Pop in disguise. so is RnB.

yes, they may be "popular," but definitely not "important" or even necessary at all in my opinion.

bring rhodes back!

good fuckin point i wanna use that as a quote "hip-hop" on the radio is Pop in disguise

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
very part of the track is important ... synths and leads r nothing new when it comes to pop and r&b ... if i had to pick one area where i have seen the most increase in usuage in pop and r&b, it would have to be the use of autoune or melodyne on the vocals. Almost every vocal on the radio has noticeable amounts of autotune all over it... makes u wonder who can really sing and who can sortof sing.

lol aint that true, its almost an advantage now to be a crap singer, it started as a t-pain thing and now everyones jumped on it !

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
meh. important?

nah

popular? in demand? current? yeah thats accurate. but important? nah, whats important is making music that catches the ear. thats in any genre, any style, using any instrument. if it is instantly appealing and accessable, then people want to hear it.