Super Mario - J Cole

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Love stuff like this. If you get someone to flow on this, I can imagine them working around the known Super Mario bits, and then highlighting how it is Mario to make it cool/funny too. Because I don't think many would put it together that it's the Mario Bros theme until ~0:38 (if you removed the intro of course). Really like how it sounds at the ~1:00 part with the longer Cole verse, the simplicity with the 8bit percussion make its easy to listen to. One thing I'd say is that I was hoping for a deeper kick since the bass isn't very deep, just for a fuller low end. But I think it works how it is now.

Cool stuff man.

Thanks @Dusty B, I’ve been looking into some old 8bit game music to chop up, some classics out there, probably do some more soon.
Seen a vid recently on how many have sampled just Nintendo game music let alone all the others out there. Wealth of stuff, @Memento Beats did some dope Witcher remixes earlier this year!

See what you mean with the deeperkick due to the bass I used, thanks for listening man.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Thanks @Dusty B, I’ve been looking into some old 8bit game music to chop up, some classics out there, probably do some more soon.
Seen a vid recently on how many have sampled just Nintendo game music let alone all the others out there. Wealth of stuff, @Memento Beats did some dope Witcher remixes earlier this year!

See what you mean with the deeperkick due to the bass I used, thanks for listening man.
In my day job, I've referred to Koji Kondo often to highlight the power of creative constraints. He's probably the most listened to composer of all time and his masterpiece (Super Mario Bros Theme) was made with just a handful of mono 8-bit sounds and 1 that could only produce white noise :) pretty impressive.

Dusty B

ILLIEN

And oh, that's dope re: looking for 8 bit samples.

If you're interested, made me think that that could be a dope project to collabo on, putting together a beat tape using 8 bit samples to highlight our work and tap into each others networks to help with branding. Lmk man.

And oh, that's dope re: looking for 8 bit samples.

If you're interested, made me think that that could be a dope project to collabo on, putting together a beat tape using 8 bit samples to highlight our work and tap into each others networks to help with branding. Lmk man.
Yeah great idea, sounds like a good project to delve into creatively, I’m up for that!

Nice one @Memento Beats!
I might have to go through all those beat entries now! We could do with some more ‘outside the box’ themes to test us creatively.
I really liked your Witcher remixes which I will do myself soon!
Still playing the game to be fair, quality!
I fell in love with the first part of the Witcher that I finished three years ago. The second part was disappointment for me as it completely changed the formula. It went from pure RPG with elements of action to pure action with some elements of RPG. :( I have The Wild Hunt installed on my laptop since April I think but I still haven't started playing it as I'm waiting with it until December. I finished the first Witcher around Christmas in 2020 and I think at this point I basically associate playing Witcher with December/Christmas etc.

Although I'm afraid that when I launch it I will disappear from the public life for the next three months :LOL::LOL::LOL: