Studio Session From Hell

• beat this! voting starts in...

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Never Work With Ignorant, UN-Organized People....

I Had A Session Last Night With This Guy Whose Trying To Get His Rap Group Together And Get Some Songs Done...

He Told Me That He Had Equipment At This Recording Spot At His Crib And Another Place.... But We Were Gonna Work At His Crib For Now...

I Get There With My MPC 2500 Enthaused And I Was Highly Dis-Appointed...

No Studio Monitors....No Headphones....No Audio Or MIDI Cables....A Shitty PC....Pro Tools Le (But Was Use-less Cause They Had No Pro Tools Hardware)

I Was Pissed...So I Went Back To My Crib To Get My Studio Monitors And Headphones....

I Come Back And There's Like 6 Other Dudes Who Came....They Were The Artist, This Pissed me Off Cause I Know How IMPATIENT Artist Are And The Fact I Had No Time To Prepare....

So....Check This Shit....All Them Niggaz Had Comfortable Seats While They Had Me With NO Seat....Monitors On A Folding Chair....WHILE They Were LOUDLY PLAYING INSTRUMENTALS In The Background As I Was Trying To Work....THEN HAD THE NERVES TO ASK ME IF IM FINISHED YET AND HOW LONG THIS GONNA TAKE!!!!!

So...An Hour And A Half Passed Since I Started And I Was Almost Done... They Had The Nerve To Ask Me To Stop Wat I Was Doing So They Could Record To Some Instrumentals On My MPC....(AND TRUST THAT THE BEAT WASNT WACK PPL)

Aint That Some Shit....Am I Wrong For Being Extremely Pissed? I Was Working For FREE TOO!!!!

Reply Ppl I Need Comments, Insight And Advice On This Shit!

Holla

T

The Bastard

sounds like u got fucked over, do u wear glasses? if u do, u might wanan take em off

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
nah son i wear no glasses....i didnt have a car so i couldnt up and leave....the dude was cool, but the patnas he was with was the problem

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sounds like u got fucked over, do u wear glasses? if u do, u might wanan take em off

lol at Bastard's comment.

You are right to be upset. I went through this same stuff with a group I was working with.

Everyday we'd spend 4 hours fucking around. I'd try to run a session but someone always had to go get something to eat or run out to get black and milds and/or energy drinks or buy or sell some bullshit.

Eventually it burned me out and I quit doing music for a good year.

I had been an emcee/ engineer.

Well, I'm back at it, learning the production end now. I learned to be very selective about who I work with now.

If you invovled with a project or people that aren't making quality music whether you like it or not it begins to reflect on you.

Even if people think you're cool they'll bunch you together with the folks your working with.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
all depends for me, how good they are. If they are dope, then you gotta persevere, if the mediocre, get the fuck out of there!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
funny how 90% of the time the most talented ones are also the easiest to work with lol

Right on there, I dont work with anybody anymore except a very select few that are professional and have years of experience.
I dont mind breakin a new head in but they gotta have it together I hate sessions like the thread starter I wouldnt have even gone back! Thats wack!
What a nightmare!

da real Relic..lol

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
funny how 90% of the time the most talented ones are also the easiest to work with lol

So true...

As for the session from hell... First off if they don't have the equipment I would have never taken mine there I mean what if some shit got broken... I'd love to see you try and explain to a group like that why they owe you money to repair a monitor. As for the chairs did you even ask if you could have one? When they were hastlein you to hurry up why did you take it? I mean do they even know what they are talking about? When a session goes bad like that I'll usually just say fuck it... toss up a beat and a mic and yell freestyle time and let em all at it and when the time is up they think they accomplished something, you can get the fuck outta there, and you won't ever have to see em again... If the one dude was cool tho talk to him and explain why the shit was so bad and that if you work with them again it's happening YOUR WAY!!!

Peace.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
its def gonna take money for me to unhook my mpc and bring it somewhere ..

double money for the monitors.. them shits is heavy

yes they seem very unprofessional from your description .. but at the same time it sounds like u also kinda put urself into that situation aswell. even before i attend a "pro" studio i do my research and chat with them to findout what they have, what system they are running (pro tools hd, logic, nuendo ..etc), and what type of mic(s) they have (very Important) theres NO WAY u should ever be in a position where u have an mp with nothing to plug it into lol... u live and u learn

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
sounds like u was at Death Row studios bout to get yo ass wupped cuz u held the rewind button too long...lmao!!! i wouldnt fukk wit them niggas no more...lol

da relic

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get to leave with all your equipment?

(I have to ask)

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yea i call him before and asked him what he has...and he was like "yea i have pro tools, and a computer with a couple mics...." I dont expect some one to have the best, but atleast be decent enuff to let me kno EXACTLY what you have....no sugar coating. And As Far as speaking up during the session.....i felt stuck cuz i had a ride there so i had no way to get back home.....so if i had pissed these niggaz off who knows what would have happend........i did put myself in a real fucked up situation that ill NEVER do again....you live and you learn

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yea i call him before and asked him what he has...and he was like "yea i have pro tools, and a computer with a couple mics...." I dont expect some one to have the best, but atleast be decent enuff to let me kno EXACTLY what you have....no sugar coating. And As Far as speaking up during the session.....i felt stuck cuz i had a ride there so i had no way to get back home.....so if i had pissed these niggaz off who knows what would have happend........i did put myself in a real fucked up situation that ill NEVER do again....you live and you learn

Yep, it's over and lessons learned. You make me flashback when I'd be somewhere, not a cool environment, and stuck like chuck cause I rode with somebody.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
its def gonna take money for me to unhook my mpc and bring it somewhere ..

double money for the monitors.. them shits is heavy

fuck that,,,word the fuck up,,,I aint bringin shit! Thats the real comfort i have to say about havin a studio at home. Tell dudes that gotta come to the house, this way you call the shots. Ain't nuttin more annoyin then you tryin to put in work and cats ain't payin no mind,,,,

word up...thats how it should be. That's how I knew that I could work wit Clev when I first went to his crib, we chilled, and when we got serious,,,I jumped in the booth, P on the board, and boom, we bang out 2 joints the first time. The rest is history...

(lol, like I'm anyone important...history...lol)

members online