startin out...

9zeros

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
what up everyone

I forget how i found this site but its def great for producing
Right now Im using reason and goldwave got those from a friend dont really have the funds for hardware yet ......anyway Ive been looking through the showcase at some music and Im wondering what rates you guys think is best to post mp3s up at
dont wanna post too large a file but still want some good quality

im from jersey and go to school here

oh yeah....im gonna be a senior doing computer engineering
anyone else from jersey or doing CE?

later

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
welcome

Sup man i aint from jersy but Im currently finishing my masters in IS at University of Marland Baltimore county(got my undergrad in MIS/CS florida state university). Good to see a fellow student up in here. Do CE's have to take data stuctures,discreate, operationg systems or alorgithms????

As far as MP3 rates go i would stick with 128k per sec. Thats exellent qualtity at a realtivily compact size. I think thats the maxium bit rate soundclick allows anyway.

be easy

claSS.......

9zeros

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
class,

jus wondering if you worked in field after you graduated, ce jobs are not looking to good now with outsourcing .......everytime I call a tech support , the person is in another country

yeah i took os ,data structures, dont have to take algorithms thats more of a cs class,
im taking a database managent systems class right now

we got a good program where we learn some programming and some technical circuitry too, had to take a dsp course which is great cuz now i know how a lot of these comp sampling and syntesizer programs work

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
If feel your on the outsouceing. EVeryone in my dept or my job is either indian or chinese. I have nothing against either of them but damn!!!. Its kinda discourging.

i am currently working in the feild. Actcually i currenty i work full time as a DBA(database adminstrator) for peoplesoft. (i go to school full time also its pretty hectic)They are the ones who are paying for my masters program.
If your taking database classes try to read up on object relational database desgin(not to be confused with object oriented database design they are 2 differnt things). Object realtion OR is good becasue it alllow legacy database systems to mimic Object oriented systems(inheritance,fucntions etc.) with out the databases being redesigned. Oracle 9i and People soft support it. So if you know OR pretty well you are almost guranteed a job casue all the major companies etc.. are uprading there systems. Also ERP(enterprise resouce planning) is a good field that is realivty untapped and lucrtive.
anyway
I have ALOT of experince with programming and system development. I am also good with alorgithims and software devlopment. So if you got any questions hit me up. I will be sure to hit you up with my CE questions(i think i have to take circits as an elective next semster)

class...

P.S your right my techinal experince has definatly help my as a producer. I think that has been a big factor of why i have progessed so fast. Check out the MIDI sounce code. Its written in simple ol C.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Damn,

Its good to know there are more people out here on illmuzik also in the IT field. I majored in CIS at Wilberforce University in Ohio and graduated in 2001. Now im a software engineer for Wright Patterson Air Force Base, mainly program in JAVA which is real cool. The advise I would have for you groucho_marx, all the stuff you learn in school is just to give you an overview of all the options you will have when your finished, just to introduce you to all the many technologies and methods that are out there. And once your in the field you will learn way more then you did in school, youll learn stuff that you didnt think that was possible. Good luck and welcome to Illmuzik.

"The OZ"