Started to work on a compilation...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Going to take a minute.....to produce all new beats for this..

I'm actually trying to have everything on this joint...from electronic...dirty south....boom bap....rock.....basically trying to put all kinds of shit in it..

This is more of something I've always wanted to do for myself, would probably give it away for free download, but a fee for a hardcopy...

Would that be bad to have all those different types of joints on there?

Going to take a minute.....to produce all new beats for this..

I'm actually trying to have everything on this joint...from electronic...dirty south....boom bap....rock.....basically trying to put all kinds of shit in it..

This is more of something I've always wanted to do for myself, would probably give it away for free download, but a fee for a hardcopy...

Would that be bad to have all those different types of joints on there?

Personally I think for self promotional tool, it would be great to show your versatitlity as producer. As a product Im not so sure, the broad spectrum of tastes might find it hard to keep the die hard people happy.
"You cant please all the people all of the time"

Thats just my opinion. I think its easier to aim for a target market than try to appeal to everybody. Even if it is a free download, you will still be selling hard copies.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah..the hard copy would not be for profit, but to cover the cost, only. This way I'm not putting any more money than I already have at that point.

But I definitely understand that people would be willing to get the free download than pay for something that they may not like...

As I stated, it's something I've always wanted to do....

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Ive learned, as long as its dope music majority of people you'll come across couldnt care less about the style of music, it just has to be captivating. Broad styles are probably best, helps hold attention spans. Do it.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I say go for it...personally, when I listen to music, I like to stay in the same groove but there's nothing wrong with mixing it up, in fact that seems to be a popular trend now.