Speakers. Advice needed.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Whatup y'all,

Like most people on this forum, I'm starting to get more serious with my music production and am going to upgrade my speakers from the crappy ones I have that came with the computer.
I've seen some speakers and woofer packs that seem to be designed for gamers and am wondering if these are an affordable and effective choice.
I also remember hearing something about monitor speakers being preferable but am unsure about this.

Any advice is appreciated y'all.

Thanks
g outlaw

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
How much are you looking to spend? Are the new speakers going to be just for recording music, or for gaming too? If it's just for music, I'd recommend getting some studio monitors like the Alesis M1's. They're cheap and have a good sound.

Hook us up with a few more details.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Whatup Fade and everyone else,

I'm looking for speakers just for music.

The price I'm looking is around $100-$200 Australian which is about $50-$100 US. However I am willing to pay more if the benefits are worth it.

Thanks for your help.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Hmmm... Not sure what you can get for that price because that's not much. But maybe you can get your hands on something used. You CAN use regular speakers from a home stereo (I used to do that) but it's not the best. I'm only using headphones right now, so it's not really necessary to have studio monitors.

My advice to you is to either get some studio monitors used for that price, or just wait and save a few more bucks and buy something new.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for the great advice. I think I'll use what I've got for now and save my $$$ and get some studio speakers like you recommended in the near future.

peace
g outlaw

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Has anybody heard of the TDK Tremor speakers? There are a few different models and although I still will want to save up and get some good studio/monitor speakers, I could get some "Tremors" for Xmas if I wanted to. Does anyone know if these would be OK for music production?

http://www.tdk.com/speakers/tremor.html

thanks peoples
g outlaw

p.s.
Merry Christmas y'all!

members online