Speaker sounding dull

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
I have a tannoy reveal unpowered monitors. they are powered with a samson servo 260 amp. i have been using em for about a year and they are great but today when playing music i noticed most sound coming from the left speaker. now when i panned over to the right i found the right speaker to be rather quiet and sounding very dull and almost boxy. kinda as if its been filtered. but its not im playing just a piano keyboard patch to make sure of that. so the problem lies with the speakers. i think... has this ever happened to anyone else? anyone know what might be wrong! i hope the speaker itself isnt damaged but then i cnt see how that wud happen!
Reflex

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I had a pair of Tannoy's a few years ago, I can't remember the model but they were on sale at Mars and my tweeters went out first and I was not really playing them loud either hopefully have a warranty...they are very respectable monitors though so I don't know if they consumer or home studio manufacturing quality might be sub par to some of the their more expensive products, I know a local studio that has had their 15 inch Tannoy monitors for like 4 years and as far as i know they never blew them...

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
right, i had this problem...

1st are the speaker capable of bi-wiring (ie. 2 terminal on the back of each speaker?)

if so , then check the connection between the top and bottom terminals, they should be connected, with a small bit of metal that looks a bit like a spanner, ifr not then make the connection, with any connductor, as you probally dropped it when you were taking the speakers out of the box...

if not bi wiring, then i dont know.....sorry

but im pretty sure, from what you have said that that is the case.