Sounds

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Just checkin at what y'all think has the most authentic/real sounds. Anythin from sound modules to workstations/keyboards, or what companys u think put together the best collections of sounds in their products? what y'all use?
hit me back,
SketchUp

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
lol ya know what i use mayne.

sAfE.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Dig and exchange thatz all I can say....try to get in with someone that might work or produce at a label....get into their stash(what I was recently able to do and yes the sounds are DOPE)...thatz all I can tell you........I think the Motif Drumz are better than on the triton....I owned both of these just my opinion......I never use keyboard drums though only samples...except beats for elektro or krunk............I like the strings on the Triton X....they have put the collection of REAL strings on the board from some of the boards that used to be add ons for the classic triton......I like the Triton organs and some of their keys.......I think the pianos are running neck and neck on the Triton and Motif...but the Motif edges them out.....I don't know what else to tell you...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I'd have to go Motif on this one.....

but hte Roland X line has finally gotten som very useable horn sections for more than just orchestral sounds too.

for me, it goes like this:

Organs, Ep's, Solo Strings- Motif

Horns, String Sections, Electric/Acoustic Guitars- Roland

Bass and Piano, neck and neck......

Just my observations.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
None of what you've all mentioned here.

Drums are just too hard to get synthesized and for what pcm based synth are concerned I'd start looking at D4 or D5 by Alesis or the Roland Vdrum synthkit or Clavia Ddrums, nice... but still nowhere near a real drumkit.

For sounds there's only 1 OEM who got close to emulating acoustic algorhytmns of many kinds by physical modelling, this is Yamaha with ther VL series. These are way too expensive and the chances of anyone here finding/buying a VL1 is probably nihil, but there are the VL70 and modules of the series and they come with a breath controller to emphasize on windinstrument ( or not for experimental stuff if you please ). This is a fine piece of gear, the best around currently when talking in recreating authentic acoustic instruments, it's just too expensive and of course, I would only want the VL1 ( which is the rarest and most expensive ) which is wishfull thinking.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ummmm formant, i believe he is thinking in a bit more practical terms..... hence, "keyboards/sound modules"

A

ACEBEATZ

Yeah Motif's great, gotta triton rack too.

Old E-Mu's are dope too. Since they're discontinued you could find some for cheap.

Novation did a new line of they're old modules and they sell em around 300$ new.

I bought the new fantom XR. Didnt work with it yet only played for an hour at the store but i really like the sounds. I'll give a review when i'll know it well.

VST instruments,Wav soundbanks, SoundFonts, Reason Refills!

There a whole world of sounds out there!

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
None of what you've all mentioned here.

Drums are just too hard to get synthesized and for what pcm based synth are concerned I'd start looking at D4 or D5 by Alesis or the Roland Vdrum synthkit or Clavia Ddrums, nice... but still nowhere near a real drumkit.

For sounds there's only 1 OEM who got close to emulating acoustic algorhytmns of many kinds by physical modelling, this is Yamaha with ther VL series. These are way too expensive and the chances of anyone here finding/buying a VL1 is probably nihil, but there are the VL70 and modules of the series and they come with a breath controller to emphasize on windinstrument ( or not for experimental stuff if you please ). This is a fine piece of gear, the best around currently when talking in recreating authentic acoustic instruments, it's just too expensive and of course, I would only want the VL1 ( which is the rarest and most expensive ) which is wishfull thinking.

The VL1 is a pure synth while the motif/triton/roland sounds are sample based synths, anyhow the the Korg prophecy can do the similar types of physical modeling of saxaphones, horns and the like.

and triton users can get an expansion board that will give them all the same modelling abilities.

anyhow to my knowledge for sounds the three main keyboards are ur best bet or something like the jv1080.

members online