Sonar 6: Review - Sanova

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I think i may be the first on the forum to have Sonar 6, So let me just give you guys a brief review:

The interface is Nice and Clean. Even more so than the last version. And as an added bonus upon installation, It scans for previous settings from the old version so you can keep all your old customizations. I was kinda scared about that, cuz i spent a while gettin everything how i wanted it for Sonar 5 PE.

Also, It goes ahead and scans your whole PC for VST plugins (without draining resources or time), but unlike the last version, it automatically adds folders with plugins into its plugin folder list. so instead of just "steinberg/vstplugins" you get waves/plugins and cakewalk/plugins etc. without having to add them by hand.

And if you do the full installation as i did, it comes with a nice amount of quality SoftSynths itself, along with a drum machine vst if you lack one.

Overall, It runs Realllly smoothly. Much more so than Cubase SX2 and Sonar 5 PE, in my humble opinion. Especially since all my old settings were transfered (including, file paths, templates and so forth) everything is a lot easier to set up, and i can get to work right out of the box.

Thats all for now, I have to fuck with it a little more and I will let you guys know.

So far, I def. recomend this DAW.

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I'm running Sonar 4 PE and have been skeptical to upgrade. Sounds like they made some pretty significant leaps since v4 so I may have to reconsider.. thanks for the insight

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
lol i'm right there with you fantom, i'm rocking sonar 3 PE as well. i'm drooling over sonar 6, although I don't technically need it.

Being budget minded, i gotta seperate the wants and the needs.

*sigh

lol someday though.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Lol. Yea.. I got a lil connect, so I got the DVD(s) for free the day it came out. I still got it.. and that's all i'mma say on that.