something serious

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
I was thinking a minute ago about putting insurence on your records well i know it may sounds stupid, but what if your house catches on fire, or gets flooded, or somebody breaks in and steals it, god forbid any of that from happing but just in case you never no, just think about it, all the time and money you spent finding those records, and some you have'nt even sampled yet and may have the sample that just my get you signed, so think about this and get your records insured and also you studio equipment, cause you will never no what will happend.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
if renting get renter's insurance, if you own a home get home owner's insurance, in the contract just mention the scope and value of what you want to insure

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
x-squizet said:
I was thinking a minute ago about putting insurence on your records well i know it may sounds stupid, but what if your house catches on fire, or gets flooded, or somebody breaks in and steals it, god forbid any of that from happing but just in case you never no, just think about it, all the time and money you spent finding those records, and some you have'nt even sampled yet and may have the sample that just my get you signed, so think about this and get your records insured and also you studio equipment, cause you will never no what will happend.

Thats very smart i have already done that for all my equiment threw state farm. All u do is hire and appraser to come to your house and estimate the vaule of your stuff. Then u take it to your home owner insurance company(make sure u get that also) and they charge you a percentage of the total cost to insure it. FOr me it only comes out to about 10 bucks a month. Well worth the peice of mind

class...

Alphabet

ill o.g.
Hey if your gonna insure them, might as well database all your records so that you'll know exactly what needs to be repurchased otherwise you'll just have a check from you insurance company and although that check will be nice i promise you it wont have any good breaks on it.

Konvict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo X-Squizet, thats a very good idea! Right now I dont have a lot of expensive equipment, or records, but when I get some, I'll definitely insure my shyts.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yea i feel ya you don't want all that money to go down the drain and do what class tells ya and to back up ya music you really don't want to loose that

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I can definitley relate to this subject. I have been collecting records since I can remember. I used to have a lot of old records at my mom's crib. The basement was literally full with records. Then it happened. Fire broke out in the house and destroyed all them shits. I thought I was going to die when I got the news. Fortunately; nobody was at home when the fire broke out. My moms had insurance and everything; but I will never be able to replace those records. It took years to build that collection and money just did'nt seem to be a proper substitute. I just let my moms keep the dough. I guess it was good to get something as opposed to nothing. So yeah insurance is a good idea for anyone.
ONE

members online