so, you think the Beat Thang's a toy?

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
^^ i wouldnt say that, but im now in "whatever" mode... if it comes out, i would still get it, but its gettin to the point of Dr Dre's album... the stats they showed was crazy, but whats the use if u dont manufacture the damn thang! im officially PISSED!!!

da relic

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
IT's so ugly...

I really wanna see it in action...I wanna see someone chop up a sample in it and make a banger on it......that's what I wanna see...

dirtEjerz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
IT's so ugly...

I really wanna see it in action...I wanna see someone chop up a sample in it and make a banger on it......that's what I wanna see...

i wanna see someone not make a carbon copy of another machine (in this case the roland sp 606) add a few bells and whistles and try to charge people stupid money for it.

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I'll pass on this toy. LMAO & paying $1000 for a hardware version of some shit that costs 100 bucks. LMAO even harder at those fast food beats people make with that shit.

Give me the NI's Maschine instead.

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
for a $1000 bucks, I don't want to try it. LOL. We already know what it is. A portable "beat thang". If you used the software than you know what it is already. Nothing really new here.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
dont sleep on the machine... it looks like its gonna drop soon... i'll be the 1st in line.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE94MTxbn-s&feature=related"]YouTube- ‪Beat Thang Virtual and Beat Thang Drum Machine at Summer NAMM 2010‬‎[/ame]

da relic

spartan265

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ahh.. i wasnt really sure about it.. then i watched those two vids.. now i am DEFINITELY getting one... i wanna know more about the sounds though.. the shit looks cool as fuck.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
then i watched those two vids.. now i am DEFINITELY getting one

after you said that I watched the videos and man I don't get it. It brings nothing to the table that Maschine, BPM, MV8800 or even Reason 5 don't already do. Not really impressed, maybe the workflow is just awesome. Also I love the Sweetwater shout out at the end :)

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
after you said that I watched the videos and man I don't get it. It brings nothing to the table that Maschine, BPM, MV8800 or even Reason 5 don't already do.
well for me, it brings the ASRX style setup that i always wanted... thats a main reason i bought the RS7000.. that keyboard/pad setup... the portabilty of the MPC 1000, yet the battery power of a laptop... NO MACHINE... i repeat.. NO MACHINE BRINGS ANYTHING SUPERNEW TO THA TABLE.. but if u want portability and a stand alone machine, its not anyone of those u just mentioned... the BT can grab that lil niche in the market, and can be successful... it will be hated on, but just like FL and all the other programs and machines out there, ur gonna be forced to coexist with it... im happy that they were at the 2010 NAMM, bcuz that just tells me, they went back in the lab and did more research, and got the companies on the wagon with them... they did what they were supposed to do.. they said fuck what the naysayers are saying... we got enuff people out there that want this, so we're gonna come out with it... if im the only one with it, i'll be the happiest mofo on earth.. that is, if it lives up to its specs.

da relic

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
yes... i know this, just like the MPC.. but its still 4x4, 16 pads... i always wanted it in keyboard form since i came from the xylophone... i automatically know what notes to play... just a comfortability thing... i can go straight from one to the other and play those notes.

da relic