so i found out i used the same sample as...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
its cheezy puttin out a song thats been done unless ur shyt is alot better

if its better, i say use it,,I done that before and made shit that beehn used, but whatever. I remember samplin Percy Sledge and like, "Where did I hear this song,,,," I found out that Stoupe used it for JMT. I may go back and fuck wit the sample again. Try to use it but differently. I don't give a fuck,,,i hear samples bein used and they aint even bein used right and the rapper on the song sometimes makes it worse,,,,fuck who used what,,,just come wit better or different.

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
if its better, i say use it,,I done that before and made shit that beehn used, but whatever. I remember samplin Percy Sledge and like, "Where did I hear this song,,,," I found out that Stoupe used it for JMT. I may go back and fuck wit the sample again. Try to use it but differently. I don't give a fuck,,,i hear samples bein used and they aint even bein used right and the rapper on the song sometimes makes it worse,,,,fuck who used what,,,just come wit better or different.

golden words right there

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
I think the Diddy version is way more banging. Its always been one of my fav beats. However yours wasnt too bad. I think yours woulda been sick if you had alot more experience. I bet if somebody like Pete Rock or some shit chopped up that sample it'd be a fuckin sick beat. So it's really all in how you do it.

I think the Diddy version is way more banging. Its always been one of my fav beats. However yours wasnt too bad. I think yours woulda been sick if you had alot more experience. I bet if somebody like Pete Rock or some shit chopped up that sample it'd be a fuckin sick beat. So it's really all in how you do it.

Like premo said on one of the vids ive seen recently,
"its about taking something that someone has used before, flipping it up, making it different, if its dope then the producer is dope" those werent the exact words but that was the gist of it.
Its about what you do to it and how dope you do it, thats the important part.
To be honest I have to say the diddy version is better, but then diddy has very expensive shit. If I had half the studio hes got, I would be putting out bangers all day(he says hopefully).

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
a producer i can't stand. i listened to the song on youtube and i realize the sound quality isn't great there but i could tell the beat isn't nearly as creative or energetic as mine. i didn't just put a beat on a sample. i layered mine and chopped it up and rearranged it. i made it into something that hasn't been heard before.

i almost threw up when i found out it was puff daddy that originally sampled the same song as me. i truly felt like i was being creative when making my beat. then i find out that corporate no talent scumbag got to it before i did? why couldn't it have been someone else?

the thing that sucks is that i felt this was the best beat i've made. will i end up getting zero respect if i put these sound vibrations out there to be heard? or is it just a matter of how dope my beat is?

lordy

"i almost threw up"? "no talent scumbag"? you serious with that over dramaticnonsense? i'm gonna be real with you.... you're being childish here. big time. that song, first of all is a widely recognized CLASSIC. certified. official. of course, you have your self righteous pride here that wants to shit on it because it "wasn't nearly creative" as yours. know something? your beat wasn't better. you certainly had more ambition, you sounded like you took it to a different place creatively and i respect that- but it wasn't better in the execution, and
i can't respect your ridiculous attitude.

as for the root issue here, don't sweat it. do you. make YOUR music. you do have the right to feel however you want abuot anyones work, but your stance here is more like a childish temper tantrum- calling the guy a "scumbag" is on some personal shit.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
lordy

"i almost threw up"? "no talent scumbag"? you serious with that over dramaticnonsense? i'm gonna be real with you.... you're being childish here. big time. that song, first of all is a widely recognized CLASSIC. certified. official. of course, you have your self righteous pride here that wants to shit on it because it "wasn't nearly creative" as yours. know something? your beat wasn't better. you certainly had more ambition, you sounded like you took it to a different place creatively and i respect that- but it wasn't better in the execution, and
i can't respect your ridiculous attitude.

as for the root issue here, don't sweat it. do you. make YOUR music. you do have the right to feel however you want abuot anyones work, but your stance here is more like a childish temper tantrum- calling the guy a "scumbag" is on some personal shit.

ever seen making the band?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
u gotta reseach before u assume..puffy aint make that beat.. puffy dosent make beats period... he just owns the rights.. im pretty sure one of the HITMEN did that victory joint.....

this thought was definately in th back of my mind. so what exactly DOES he do? we know he can't rap

members online