Snoop and Dre working on new album.

• beat this! voting starts in...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This could be good but we'll have to wait and see.

I've said it before - Dre is one of the best Hip Hop producers of all time but for the past few years his beats are good but nothing amazing. And I think the issue is that over the years he's too busy playing around with a 96 track board and all the other gear instead of just making beats. Every time I see a picture of him now he's in front of the mixing board.

It would be great to see him actually working on a beat because he obviously knows what he's doing and he could make some amazing stuff, but it's almost like he's focusing more on the engineering side. C'mon Dre, we want some beats!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
right lol. I'll still give it a listen but I'm sure it'll be like Compton (which I've only listened to maybe 2 times through). compared to 2001 that I had on repeat for years.
I didn't entertain compoton after first listen.

Detox was the one we wanted. The beats for Detox were solid. The tracks were sick.

It's all a little too late now. He could have killed it with a slight update on his previous style.

Now what...? Make an old style and risk irrelevance tho older heads would appreciate maybe would current age? As it would be throwback.

Make some dog shit trap album aytotuned and mumbling? Again. Pointless.

Don't even know if people can be bothered to be excited for it. The excitement has gone. You need to release when the anticipation is there. Not 20 years later when people are over it.

Respectfully. There was no album I've ever wanted more than Detox.

There's probably 100,000 beats on Dre's hard drives that are the hottest records ever that we will never see.

I use this as inspiration to not let my obsession with things being perfect get to me.

You need to make that shit and release it.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I think Dre robbed us from hearing many very good tracks and albums.

I very much feel the frustration of all the artists he worked with for not releasing anything for many years. Such a waste of talent.

Also, Dre was busy selling super cheap overprized headphones.

Don't let quality control be your career killer.
It made him a billionaire so I get it. I would have loved to just hear stuff though. Then again some argue Eminem's brand degraded a bit by releasing so-so stuff. So IDK.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I think Dre robbed us from hearing many very good tracks and albums.

I very much feel the frustration of all the artists he worked with for not releasing anything for many years. Such a waste of talent.

Also, Dre was busy selling super cheap overprized headphones.

Don't let quality control be your career killer.
Bishop Lamont and Stat Quo were top good. Their mixtapes etc were insane. Album quality.

I believe Dre had them building speakers and headphones tho... genuinely.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Dre doesn't have so so stuff...

It made him a billionaire so I get it. I would have loved to just hear stuff though. Then again some argue Eminem's brand degraded a bit by releasing so-so stuff. So IDK.
"How We Do" Dre didn't want to release. 50 and Game apparently pushed for it. Immense banger.

That's the level of fire that's sitting around on hard drives somewhere :blackeye:

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Dre doesn't have so so stuff...

"How We Do" Dre didn't want to release. 50 and Game apparently pushed for it. Immense banger.

That's the level of fire that's sitting around on hard drives somewhere :blackeye:
Interesting. Just curious how you heard about that, wondering if there are others Dre didn't want to release.

It makes me wonder if he feels like he needs to "prove" himself or something. But Compton ended up being way overproduced and hard to listen to because of that (IMO anyways).

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Interesting. Just curious how you heard about that, wondering if there are others Dre didn't want to release

Confident I heard 50 or Game talking about it somewhere ages ago. Like it was a discard beat Dre wasn't keen on.
But just now I found some other thing of game talking about game not being keen on lyrics but dre liking it. Fuck knows.

It makes me wonder if he feels like he needs to "prove" himself or something. But Compton ended up being way overproduced and hard to listen to because of that (IMO anyways).

He's a perfectionist.

He makes artists rerecord individual words 70 times to get it right. (For example.)

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Confident I heard 50 or Game talking about it somewhere ages ago. Like it was a discard beat Dre wasn't keen on.
But just now I found some other thing of game talking about game not being keen on lyrics but dre liking it. Fuck knows.

He's a perfectionist.

He makes artists rerecord individual words 70 times to get it right. (For example.)
But how many bangers had he in the last 10 years?
Compton was not a bad album imho. But how many bangers were on there?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
There's probably 100,000 beats on Dre's hard drives that are the hottest records ever that we will never see.

I use this as inspiration to not let my obsession with things being perfect get to me.

You need to make that shit and release it.

You gave me something to act on re: perfect as I been lowered my expectations.

members online