Slide function with vst's??

studio h

ill o.g.
Ok im guessin this has already been asked somewhere and i apologise if this is the case but yea got some sweet vst's that would sound even sweeter if use the slide function in the piano roll. Any help? is it even possible?

Herv

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
To my knowledge... no it's not, but, on some vsti, you have a slide function, so you could use that

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
slide is a monophonic portamento between 2 notes over an amount of time with a certain speed ( as the time it takes to get from one note to another ). The 303 is the most popular synth that uses a slide. In the step editor of the tb you can extend the slide by setting a bunch notes along side to have them slide all, when in low octave range this will form a nice bassline ( hence the 303 bassline ).

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
That's basicaly the manual approach to it, the sustaining slide effect comes from using 1 voice only, so the next note pressed while holding the other will take over but something like an filter envelope will not retrigger.

studio h

ill o.g.
thanks 4 the help guys. Sygma, with regards to slide in vsts - ive got the a vst loaded into a channel in FL and have a midi out channel to write in piano roll and im trying to link one of the controllers to the slide of the vst so i can automate it but its a guessin game - is there a way to find out what the controller numbers are??

Herv

members online