Slicing in FL?

Y

Young Casius

Why is it that everytime i load a sample into the beat slicer it always chops too many slices. Its gives me like 100 slices.

cisco

ill o.g.
i'm finding the samething out. i think were sopposed to be using the fruity slicer if we want to define the points at which samples would be sliced. however it looks like it gives you to many options for to choose when you dont know what to leave alone and what to adjust.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
u can adjust how u want. use the low and high knobs in the bottom right.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
on the slicers channel settings there is a tab that has four lines and a ravor blade as the pic, in there they have many ways you can slice your beat, i mainly use the 1/4 slicing, and of course you will have to go into the piano roll and expand the bars to that measure

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
If you chop it up in recycle, do those chops stay in fl, or is there a way u can make em stay, i tried choppin a sample, but fl slicer does its own 1/4 slicin and completely erases my points.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
just load what ever sample you have, even it you have sliced it up somewhere else, and you can either just use the slice you created or you can dump it into the fruity slicer and chop it up even more, just make sure your sample is measure in bars, ex. just make sure it is at least a 1 bar, 2 bar, 4 bar sample, so it will know where to cut your your sample.
I'll just cut a 2 bar sample and just lay it down in the fruity slicer all the way across until it is like it did nothing to it, and just mess around with it, dont know if this helps?