Slept on equipment

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I wasnt talking to you either,, go figure

but what gives anyone the idea that any of those machines are slept on, CSI 440 is slept on, future retro 777 is slept on, Gem Promega is slept on.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
I wasnt talking to you either,, go figure

but what gives anyone the idea that any of those machines are slept on, CSI 440 is slept on, future retro 777 is slept on, Gem Promega is slept on.

Its funny that you would say you wasnt talking to me but i was the first person to say the mv 8000 is slept on and compare it to how people would buy a 2500. Yea you go figure! Like i said i feel the mv is slept on. Its my opinion! Next time if you dont reply with a statement that sounds close what i was talking about, i wont think you was talking to me!....or you can just claim you wasnt but go back and read the past post and understand you was!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Fade kept it gangsta right there.

anyway.. Yamaha keyboard synthesizers are slept the fuck on

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
young_keyz said:
The mv 8000.....cats are paying the same price for a mpc 2500 and it dont come sotock with a built in hard drive, cd drive....even worse you cant burn audio to a cd. Its so funny how people buy into hype instead of features!
huh..hu...ha..ho.. its probably cuz of advertising...
or join with a pc and you dont need a roland vs 1624/1824/2400/next up20000000000
or whatever ;what do you reccommend?
hiccup..\

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
young_keyz said:
Please dont make me laught!

lol.. ok...?

aaaanyway. the brain is mad splept on. niggas think havin new equipment and sounds will give out better beats. nah man. what u put into it, is what u get out.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
young_keyz said:
I got to say i respect that!......

Word to Big Bird on that one. I had all kinda equipment at one point, and I came to realize that if the talent, creativity, and skill isn't there in the first place... well, to put it like I read in some advertisement in Scratch: "If your beats suck now, after you get this piece of gear, they'll still suck. Only, you can make sucky beats much faster" (or something to that extent).

If you don't have the foundation with those three things on it, you're just going to get sensory overload and start using stuff unnecessarily, cluttering up tracks with as much new sound as you can. Definately not a good thing.

Also, as far as slept-on gear goes, don't forget my bed. I know mad hoes be sleeping on that nonstop. It's quite rediculous, actually.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I agree on the RS7000, very underestimated... The mc909 isnt as succesfull, the whole mc line hasnt been takin to serious due to its history in budget workstations. The MC303/505 were oke untill you really understood the producing game, then you understand its limitations and money wasted...imo...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
mc307 is a 505 on keys, wasnt slept on...just no appeal. Quickly after the MC307 came the SH32 which had a bit more succes.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Roland S550 sampler -12bit sampler with a composite monitor output and waveform editing.

Roland S330 sampler - same as above, 1U rack size, extremely limited memory, only for those that use little shit in big ways.

Yamaha Tx16W - old Yamaha Sampler, hard as fuck to use unless you install the Typhoon replacement OS.

Yamaha TX81z - The basses you make with this little box can rattle the sequins outta fake gold fronts.

Casio RZ1 - drum machine with 4 pads for sample memory. The low-budget, bootleg MPC/SP1200

Yamaha TG55 - I had one of these for a looooong time. There was almost no limit to the number of sounds I could create with it and memory cards only added to that.

Yamaha RY30 - Probably the best non sampling drum machine ever built. I miss mine...

Yamaha MU50/80/100 - You can edit the shit outta the sounds on these modules. You can go in and edit the drum kits and apply filters PER DRUM SAMPLE. I used to make some crazy beats with these!

members online