Sick of the music industry. Jaded? I sure as hell am.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Point blank...its a way to handle every situation. If a mufucka wanna sit up and cut niggas throats...sooner or later cats is gonna get delt with. Fuck the legal aspect of shit. You stick me for my dough...you might get crept on and I aint saying I'ma be the one to do it. I made my mind up a while back that I aint taking no more "wooden nickels" ya dig...and I'm standing by that. Game recognize game. Everyone is'nt stupid. I let cats know from the gate what I expect and at the same time looking them dead in the eye. See what alot of artist need to realize sucess in the music industry is a "breif journey"...its not a "destination". So at times you gotta lay shit on the line from jump street...if cats don't wanna fuck with you after that...hay you can't miss what you never had from the beginning. As a artist I need complete control or I'ma just say fuck it and sell my shit myself...INDEPENDENT! DO CATS REALLY WANNA WIN OR JUST LOOK GOOD LOSING? (PHONT'E)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Its funny how you mention Edan, but its not suited for US market, Japan would sign before the US realised the potential. Career-wise it would be much more interesting to get signed into the asian market as they are much more open minded to "new" music. Im following one of our clients that are just signed to a japanese label, not saying their the next best thing but i wonder what spector would think about those kinda signings as some perspectives dont change / adapted to the US business model

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Its funny how you mention Edan, but its not suited for US market, Japan would sign before the US realised the potential. Career-wise it would be much more interesting to get signed into the asian market as they are much more open minded to "new" music. Im following one of our clients that are just signed to a japanese label, not saying their the next best thing but i wonder what spector would think about those kinda signings as some perspectives dont change / adapted to the US business model

Personally i would sign a deal overseas being as I can see the benifit of a solid following and pay plus I know a few underground artist from my area that singned a deal with some lable over in london where they are getting crazy spins, selling more product and making more money than they would here and another one is working on negotiations with a lable out of germany. I tell cats all the time GTF out of thinking inside of the box because the U.S. is NOT putting out and will not continue to put out good music nor pay you your worth. concentrate on a universal foundation rather than a national foundation and also get into other lanes because you cant rap for ever. Just my honest opinion.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.

Focus group testing indicated that it would be marketable to a large enough faction of college/hippie/high school demos to make the hybrid extremely profitable. Touring and a marketing focus on the pseudo-jam band subculture would make it work. The cross pollination of rap into the mainstream makes this hybrid feasible.

FG was run with remixes creatively combining the two genres.

I don't know how a small-time deal would work out overseas, like Edan's. Especially with a higher tax burden for the artist. Edan himself comes from a well-to-do family and probably doesn't really care.

Perhaps he would have to apply for residency in Jersey (the island off England) to get a good tax break? In any case, the stuff I'm talking about was already thought about.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Focus group testing indicated that it would be marketable to a large enough faction of college/hippie/high school demos to make the hybrid extremely profitable. Touring and a marketing focus on the pseudo-jam band subculture would make it work. The cross pollination of rap into the mainstream makes this hybrid feasible.

FG was run with remixes creatively combining the two genres.

I don't know how a small-time deal would work out overseas, like Edan's. Especially with a higher tax burden for the artist. Edan himself comes from a well-to-do family and probably doesn't really care.

Perhaps he would have to apply for residency in Jersey (the island off England) to get a good tax break? In any case, the stuff I'm talking about was already thought about.

lol, higher tax bracket wouldnt be an issue if you spent most of the year working/touring abroad...\\

dude...did you read upon jersey? sick fucks, i'd rather take Aruba's tax bracket, set up llc on 6% lol and no child abusing sickos in sight.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I googled the jersey thing. fuck that! The island should be flooded, that's some gross shit.

Monaco is always a good tax-haven - maybe I can become a citizen of Gibraltar?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ dude....6% tax bracket on aruba is sweet, forget monaco...you'd need a certain income to gain settlement in monaco...gibraltar i dont know, not really a sweet spot for biz