Showcase - September 7-13, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
latest beat, feedback is welcome

That was dope as hell. It sounded like you took three different samples and made them blend seamlessy, like a collage. It's like taking an old school technique and making it more current, basically innovation. I also like how versatile this production is, sounds like it could be rapped over, used in a commercial, an indie film, or on the radio as an interlude. IMO you should keep this in your catalogue.

You Got Me, dark and somber.

I like the sounds you used and how you arranged everything, it kept me engaged the whole time, it never felt stale.I can see this being set to a movie scene or a trailer for a movie. Nice job

I have to agree with everyone else, nice video and dope beat. The music and the video synced very well with the tricks.

something different i've been working on lately. feedback welcome.

This is a good production. I, personally, thought that it was kind of slow and lacking a lot of material up until 2:42 when you came in with some new texture and increased the bpm a beat. Once the new part was added, it made a lot more sense to me on a structural level and in an artistic sense. Besides that, the melodies and the timbre/ sounds you used fit well together

latest beat, feedback is welcome

very nice its chilly and hard at the same time. maybe at one point that flute thingy was kinda too much, I see this is a loop and I hope that you let your beat breathe a little and it would be a shame not to hear those drums goin' solo at least for 4 bars.

Here is my beat

I love the sax! its my favorite instrument. blended quite nicely but again I would let the beat breathe a little without it, you have other things going on there that would easily compensate for the lack of it. and one more thing, at the end of each drum segment u have a little ts ts ts, I dunno I personally would put it on every fourth bar cuz' it kinda 'concludes' the sound for me and its slowing down a slow beat.other than that its very nice

Zuance

https://soundcloud.com/ct_roet
Battle Points: 1
very nice its chilly and hard at the same time. maybe at one point that flute thingy was kinda too much, I see this is a loop and I hope that you let your beat breathe a little and it would be a shame not to hear those drums goin' solo at least for 4 bars.
actually there are very subtle changes within every couple of loops, thanks for the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.