Showcase - September 3-5, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Noccio

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I have been away for three years, I see this thread, and I haven't seen one person giving feedback.. all I see is: good work! i like it! wow, the drums are really great!.. that is not feedback, you guys should post your beats here to get constructive feedback so you can do even better on your next production.. don't be afraid to say what you don't like about a beat and don't be greedy. give other peoples beats attention, otherwise your beat doesn't deserve it as well.. I hope the showcase will be like that again x

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
I have to agree with P.Noccio, I noticed the same thing and wondered wtf is this. I always give honest critiques and thought it was just me seeing that people were just here to showcase beats and not give constructive feedback. With all that being said lets get to it..

@Midnight The beat titled War is cool, the mix on the track could be stepped up. The crash is too loud to blend in with the other sounds in the track. The samples and chops are cool, but the beat doesnt keep moving, it stays in the same place for the duration of the track which leaves a lil to be desired for the listener. Sounds like something I would hear on a Killa Army album. @Wizard That 1st joint is banging, it has a nice bottom to it and the samples match the drums perfect. The joint has a presence to it, and although there aren't many change ups the basic elements on the track are able to stand alone uniquely.

@ Midnight I wasnt feeling the 2nd track. @Digiteq DOPE joint fam, the sounds and progression of the track are dope. I like hard pounding joints like this.. It moves at a fast pace and doesnt stop til thhe breakdown then comes rite back for more!!! My only critique would be the bass is a just lil loud for the mix, other than that very well done. @Wizard, 2nd track is DOPE DOPE!!! Pure Hip Hop!! The drums, the samples the mix all on point. Its a rough but slightly mellow blend of dopeness. I'll have to make sure I add that to my favorites on Soundcloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.