Showcase - September 16-22, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

HzBeast BLG

Battle Points: 1
@HzBeast BLG - did those drums come from Truth Hurts? I like the laid back feel, but it seems like it needs more elements.

Well I think that guy who produced that track for Truth Hurts chopped the same loop I did, but I used more bars of it.

@Iron Keys I like that construction of beats - like piano and drumz for 6 bars and then strings and the rest for 2 last bars. Well done.
@wrightboy Very nice piano chords, drums has some of that newschool flavor. Like that changes of hihat's velocity. These lyrics are funny but thats not your buisness. Well done - thats for sure.

Check my new baby out

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys - i'm feeling the west coast vibe this beat has. loving those keys.

this was for the crooked i remix contest. stuff came up and i never had a chance to submit. let me know what y'all think.

Thanks, brother! Much appreciated. I do tend to have a tendency for that West Coast ish!

I'm really loving the chords/progression you used in this one, the way they seem to resonate and float sounds pretty sweet. I'm not familiar with the original track, but I like what you've done it gives it a dark/moody/emotional/deep vibe full of 'meaning'.

@Iron Keys I like that construction of beats - like piano and drumz for 6 bars and then strings and the rest for 2 last bars. Well done.

Check my new baby out

Thanks, bruh! I try to pay attention to the arrangement to give the track a sense of development/movement over time.

I'm loving the percussion again, exactly the 'other' style I really like producing under my Iron Keys name.
It sounds like a Timbaland style beat or something you could expect to hear on Jay Z's Magna Carta Holy Grail.
Only thing I'm not overly keen on is the bassy 'vwowp' sound.

Great stuff, both of you!

GexBeatz

@Iron Keys very nice,i like the style and the arrangement of the beat!
@wrightboy cool piano,very "emotional".

here is my new beat,tried some vocals of a pharcyde track i really like.Check out!

U

UncleJoe

@HzBeast BLG That bass is close to something that Skream would use, I'd like to hear you turn it up and add another note or two, maybe on the 1 so it hits hard

Heres the beat I've been working on today. Towards the end I want to get into some Todd Edwards shit, with lots of chopped up samples, but its just the bare bones so far.

ill o.g.

Uncle Joe - Autumalist loving everything about this track it's atmospheric and beautiful but A Rapper Can still Kill this too Loving this, it's Dope

Gex beats -Pharcyde Samples an automatic Like from me

Iron Keys - This is Clean as hell Keep doing what your doing!!

HzBeast BLG - It's too short :( but otherwise I like it!

wrightboy - shit wont play for some reason

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Iron Keys - This is Clean as hell Keep doing what your doing!!

Thanks, mayn! I appreciate the feedback.

1st Track, Really like the music, the chord choices etc. The female vocal seems a bit quesionable in places in terms of timing. and perhaps levels. The male vocal has good flow/timing etc

2nd Track, Really like the drum / rhythm, the music sounds like it would be good but the musical elements are really quiet?! Otherwise, great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online