Showcase - October 31 - November 6, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Battle Points: 8
I'm not really into trap type tracks but this one very well put together and it stays interesting with the lil tricks and transitions the was put in it

daaaaaaaaaaamn duude..... daaaaamn.... Those drums knock hard and the bassline is fat as hell.

I like how you reverse a few of the chops... it's real subtle... but really helps make the beat more interesting and more dimensional. Nice work, I love it.

Here's one I put together last week.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.

Chad

@DamskiDam : Nice use of panning and nice choice of orchestra hits. Good job

@S3oulC1ty : This is dope. Reminds me of something that J Dilla or Kanye would've made back in the mid 2000s. I like how you chopped it and I like the slap on the snare. Great work

@Beautiful Noise : That's an interesting choice of a sample. I the transition from the sample by itself to the sample and drum loop could be more smooth. Other than that the variation in the chops towards the end was very interesting. Good job

@Erik : Interesting source material to sample. This would have a nice crossover appeal if it was being commercially released. I could see it being rapped over in a pop song, for a commercial, or in a movie. I like it.

@NONONSENSEBEATS : I like the bass on here and how it complements the kick. It sounded like it was a mixed a bit low and I thought that maybe adding a bridge wouldn't otherwise. Other than that, good work.

Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@S3oulC1ty - The way you mix and play your drums and bass remind me so much of 9th Wonder. Shit is dope man. That sample is fire. Those reverse chops haha!

@Beautiful Noise - Idk if you were going for that effect, but the drums are packing no punch to me. Try layering them up a bit. Now that I listen more I think the levels of some of the elements in the beat could be adjusted some. It's a cool little riff you have going on. Switch it up some.

@Erik - Digging the vibe of this. The vocal sample seems a bit loud in the mix. Drums could come up some more. Those keys are dope man. Good stuff overall.

@NONONSENSEBEATS - Hmm mix wise things seem off. The drums are real low in the mix - well just the kick actually. Same with the bass. Melodically it's a bit hard for me to follow.

@Chad - Melodically this is hard for me to follow. Mix is real tight though.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
What's up everyone! here is a beat I made off a little project I just put out. Working on feedback for everyone right now, love what I am hearing.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@DamskiDam I like that beat man, well put together and i'm loving that bass.
@S3oulC1ty your drums and samples are always on point! Good soulful beat bro. Do you play any instruments? Just wondering.
@Beautiful Noise Nice Sample!!
@Erik Good beat man, love the way you used it.
@Koey Love the overall groove of that beat, nice.
@Jazzdrip I love the fact that you kept it simple with that sample. Good beat.
@NONONSENSEBEATS and @Chad i'll have to get back with ya'll for some reason my computer won't play your tracks.

J

Jazzdrip

@Matt-D: this talking synth is sick! nice style. sometimes it feels like the kick needs more punch
@Koey: Damn! nice layback track. and the mix is strong! zezeze
@Chad: im feeling it man. but sometimes it sounds bit overloaded. if you know what i mean :D
@Beautiful Noise: nice sample and beat bro! you need a better mix and the track would kill. sounds a bit weak for me
@NONONSENSEBEATS: dont know why. but again i think the drums need a bit more punch. i like the smooth bass and the athmosphere of the track
@Erik: mad beat! the track sounds complete to me. think you just need a few more details. would be more dynamic :)
@S3oulC1ty: OH SHIT! the track is a bomb! only thing i would change.. maybe the hats into shakers? they just sound apart from the rest and a bit too hard
@DamskiDam ruff beat. sounds complete to me. that track needs a voice!

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
Appreciate it fellas.

@Matt-D - The texture of the drums are dope. Not really feelin the spacey arpeggiated lead. There's a bit too much going on around the 1:10 mark. I do like the vibe of this though.

@Jazzdrip - Those drums are heavy. Really well mixed. The flip is dope man. Wish the track had a bassline to help push the overall groove even further.

Messy Beatz

Battle Points: 11
Hello all,

This is my latest upload. The idea behind it was just to made a grime beat intended for the maximum amount of MCs to jump on and freestyle a quick 16 bars.

Hope you like it.

[Comment on Youtube if you can please
smile.png
]

DamskiDam

@S3oulC1ty : Between 0:27 and 0:28 ( 0:50-0:51 the same ) there is a strange sound, maybe from the reversed sample (sounds like= "blop"). Sample choping is dope, drums and bass fit perfectly! Great beat!
@Beautiful Noise The only thing is that I feel like the first kick hit after the drum break is a bit too late. Maybe Im wrong but thats what Im feeling. Besides that its a great beat. Sample choping is dope, as always. Nice bridge.
@Chad Hmm.. I think I would mix it a bit diffrent. I would put the drums in the foreground, lower the choir a bit( It feels like the low piano chords are fighting with the choir), lower the "flute" in the chorus. The short kickroll sounds a bit overpowered.
I realy like the melodies. I feel the atmosphere. The drums sounds very interesting to me check the mix and this gonna be dope!
@Koey I dont like the "zazaza" talk. But its a matter of taste
Very unique beat. The bass and the drums are great. The transitions are cool. Very relaxing atmosphere. Mix is tight.
@Jazzdrip Feels like something is missing in that beat. A bassline would add a bit variation ( although I hear something like a bassline but its barely recognizable). Maybe vary the drum a bit more.
Sample is dope!!! Great chopping. Drums are hard and on point!

@Messy Beatz @Matt-D @BillytheKid @NONONSENSEBEATS @Erik You'll get feedback after breakfast. I'm hungry as fuck :-D

DamskiDam

Part 2

@Erik The kick needs a bit more power imo. Thats all I can criticize...
The sample is dope the beat is dope!!! Mix is great!

@NONONSENSEBEATS The kick needs more power. Feels like the beat needs some kind of a break or bridge.
Percussions are great, love that snareroll. I realy feel the atmosphere of this beat bro. The melodies are great!

@Matt-D I think you should take out the main melody for 2 or 4 bars and bring it back then, or change the melody for 2 bars. Its too repatative. The flute starting at 1:10 is too loud imo.
The main synth is dope, i love it. The drums are great. The break at 0:38 is great! Mix sound good too for me.

@Messy Beatz @BillytheKid You'll get feed later today.

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
@DamskiDam I liked the panning on the hihats and how you made the beat to hit so hard,Dope!
@S3oulC1ty this classic swing of your beats is always killin me! loved it, you should put an accapela!
@Chad Thats a strong fckin beat! Props!
@Messy Beatz Yo that beat was evil!

Here is mine, give me an honest review, its my first trap beat (im not really into trap but i just wanted to try it and it seemed really fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online