Showcase - October 3-9, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messy Beatz

Battle Points: 11
@Messy Beatz: I really like your flow man, dope bass and pads. Just one thing i really missed, a kick!

This is some new stuff, lemme know what you guys think!

Thanks for the feedback dude - its a common thing for old school grime (from 2000) to have no kick and I was trying to grasp that when making this beat.

That PABLO beat is bananas bro, gave that a few spins. Real nice sample, great chops and the drums are 100. Nothing to complain about on this. Nice work.

@Messy Beatz
I like ice Riddim, very unconventional but catchy percussion sounds. I personally would have preferred more bass presence but I could definitely see a rapper getting on that as it is. love the fast hats
@Hit The Road
I like pablo very much, old school classy beat. love the samples, especially when the brass goes into the guitar riff.
@Ddob
Immediately love the intro on 50 reasons-I love this! nice bass guitar with the swinging drums and the flute is great. Kick could be louder maybe but that's my only criticism.
@Messy Beatz
ok 2 seconds in this is super dark already, feels like trap-the drop was ok I expected the bass to come in harder. It's alot more subtle that expected and maybe too quiet if anything. Also the bass sounds ugly when you dont layer it with a kick. I like the pluck lead, the sample and the bells, overall a catchy beat, but personally I'd like when the bass comes in for it so sit right at the front of the mix.

Here's my smooth ambient hip-hop track let me know what you think

Skemez.518

Beatmaker
@Messy Beatz : Nice beat!! It's creating a very mysterious atmosphere! I like that. I even didnt miss the kick, but I think a kick and a snare would
make this beat awesome.
@NONONSENSEBEATS : Very relaxed beat! I hear a few tones of a high melody in the background, its very quiet, Besides that it's very good.
@anarchos : Waves: great atmosphere, i love the bongos!!

Would be great to get some feedback on my new one

@DamskiDam. Bro..Damnn dat shit go hard.

LotusKUK

Unique
Nothing here yet.

This is the newest track I created. A bit different then I'm use to doing. Any feedback would be great.

LotusKUK

Unique
@Messy Beatz
I like ice Riddim, very unconventional but catchy percussion sounds. I personally would have preferred more bass presence but I could definitely see a rapper getting on that as it is. love the fast hats
@Hit The Road
I like pablo very much, old school classy beat. love the samples, especially when the brass goes into the guitar riff.
@Ddob
Immediately love the intro on 50 reasons-I love this! nice bass guitar with the swinging drums and the flute is great. Kick could be louder maybe but that's my only criticism.
@Messy Beatz
ok 2 seconds in this is super dark already, feels like trap-the drop was ok I expected the bass to come in harder. It's alot more subtle that expected and maybe too quiet if anything. Also the bass sounds ugly when you dont layer it with a kick. I like the pluck lead, the sample and the bells, overall a catchy beat, but personally I'd like when the bass comes in for it so sit right at the front of the mix.

Here's my smooth ambient hip-hop track let me know what you think

@SlasnerBeats Your beat is so smooth and the bass has that perfect deepness for a dramatic/ambient tone. Nice creation!!!

RMG

Since having feedback on a previous post, I've being messing about with this dark grime track seeing what i can do to improve it. It is my first ever grime track & i appreciate all the feedback you guys give! I personally think it sounds alot better now with a better kick drum. Could you guys let me know what you think please & any ideas or the levels are not right let me know as im using a pair shitty headphones atm, Thanks, RMG!

LotusKUK

Unique
Since having feedback on a previous post, I've being messing about with this dark grime track seeing what i can do to improve it. It is my first ever grime track & i appreciate all the feedback you guys give! I personally think it sounds alot better now with a better kick drum. Could you guys let me know what you think please & any ideas or the levels are not right let me know as im using a pair shitty headphones atm, Thanks, RMG!

@RMG This is only my opinion. I feel it would sound less repetitious if you played different chords with the main bass line ( that dub humming sound). Other then that it sounded pretty cool and unique. :)

RMG

@RMG This is only my opinion. I feel it would sound less repetitious if you played different chords with the main bass line ( that dub humming sound). Other then that it sounded pretty cool and unique. :)

Thank you for your reply I appreciate it! I'm still learning to write chords at the minute and different bassline / melody riffs. If their is any advice you could give that could help me that would be great thanks :)

LotusKUK

Unique
Thank you for your reply I appreciate it! I'm still learning to write chords at the minute and different bassline / melody riffs. If their is any advice you could give that could help me that would be great thanks :)

No problem.

A good place to start, well for me anyways at least, in getting a feel for chords and is simple but educational would be from downloading the MusicMakerJam app, its free to join and the most you'll ever pay for a package of loops is $3.24 but the beat packages contain anywhere from 145-410 different loops. And currently right now they have
8 Styles Packages for FREE to download, plus all new members get to pick 2 Style Packages FREE when they sign up. So basically if you want a free professional beat making app, where you can get the hang of chords + produce your own beats at the same time...download MusicMakerJam (MMJ) its developed by MAGIX. It's for Android & Apple users.

That's my advice and tip. Hope that helps.

Charles

@44Beatzz I liked the idea but I really think you should have sped up the vocal sample as it was at a completely different pace to the rest of the beat.

@LotusKUK Reminds of me some early 2000's kind of sound. The tags or whatever where very cheasy, I really wasnt feeling the vocals whatsoever. The beat was a bit too bare. It needed some melody!

@SlasnerBeats Sounded a bit too stocky. The bass line was cool but unfortunately wasnt mixed that well. It was really hidden. The track as a whole is muddy, work on your mixiign and balancing of frequencies. Also you need to get that volume up son! That can be done in the mastering process using compressors and adaptive limiters or even using some stereo gain.

Here is the track I would like to showcase for this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online