Showcase - October 25-31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Sole Element Yo this is really nice brotha. This is really interesting, I like the way you chopped vocals and used them to back the main vocal line. Awesome job man!

@Just Beats This is really good man! love the swing on the drums and the sharp bass line. Really good work.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
New beat kinda i don't know how to say it in english came from the finger tips pure let yourself loose on the sound and work with it this what came out.
Nothing here yet.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Woow strange beat like you formed it in your own way. Just the vocals isnt really rapping. Nice tho

The first beat sounds too wide tighten it up maybe so it feels more together if you know what i mean.
Second beat kinda feels poppish those chords just keep going.
Here's my song for the week. I'll drop by later to give feedback to everybody. Thanks in advance.

This is dope like how those strings are.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
I dig this. I like the indie vibe with hip hop drums. Probably why I like that Aesop Album with the chick who made the music from Juno, and that Polish Ambassador, Mr. Lif, and Ayla Nereo album. It's real chill. Shit I'd like to clean my house to (and I don't mean that in a bad way). I don't know what specifically the samples came from, but I'd like more of that. Please do.
Here's my song for the week. I'll drop by later to give feedback to everybody. Thanks in advance.

I like the sample choices in this one. Once again has that boom bap sound that I grew up on. One thing I'll say is that its pretty repetitive. I would like to hear at least a little bit of drum work differentiating different sections of the song itself at the very least, if not a bit of one shot stuff to make each verse its own. You did a couple small drum fills on the vocal drops, but I feel like the drum pattern at least could have been switched up and still have been completely cohesive with the overall sound. It could be something as simple as an open hat, or as complex as a break beat. But I think it would be substantially better if the drums were changed with the beat itself. There's something that is unsatisfying about a drum fill that doesn't follow with a change of overall sound of the beat itself. I will say, however, the choice of drums you used fit the sound perfectly.

DOA:
Thats quite the intro for what you had to drop. I'm not saying what you've done sounds bad. It doesn't, but its missing an equally enticing drop to the intro. I do like the panning you did to the synth, and also the vocals fit real nice. One other gripe I would have is there isn't a lot of sub frequency from what I can hear through my KRK headphones. I thought it was just my E5xt monitors not representing lower register bass, which is a common issue with them. but my KRK's usually over represent bass frequencies, and it just wasn't there. Maybe I should listen with my RTI-A9 hi-fi speakers. Might yield a different result, but its 12:30 am and I cant right now. I'll come back tomorrow on this one if I remember.

Hey Now:
Dang, Despite being born in 91, the 80's sound is near and dear to me from growing up with young parents. That shit is nice for what it is. Very simple. I could Dance in the Dark to this. I tell ya.

New beat kinda i don't know how to say it in english came from the finger tips pure let yourself loose on the sound and work with it this what came out.
Nothing here yet.
Enjoy!
Thats some trippy shit. Reminds me of my days doing hallucinogens. I wouldn't say its something I would go out of my way to listen to now adays, but its got an interesting industrial sound to it, and I'm not sure how you did alot of it. I complain about automation and I'm not even particularly good with it.

I will once again post seperately cause I'm still retarded and don't know how to post my own shit in the same post I'm replying to everyone.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile

So, this one I'm no longer sure about. I've gotten a lot of mixed opinions for it. I really liked it at first but now I'm second guessing myself. I definitely still like the hook, but its different to everything else I've ever made. I was actively trying to step out of my box that I found myself comfortable in. Either way its done as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22

So, this one I'm no longer sure about. I've gotten a lot of mixed opinions for it. I really liked it at first but now I'm second guessing myself. I definitely still like the hook, but its different to everything else I've ever made. I was actively trying to step out of my box that I found myself comfortable in. Either way its done as far as I'm concerned.

Dope vibez ngl, but for my taste there too much piano going on and the main melody piano track kinda sounds "dull/flat/lifeless". It isnt bad at all just feels somewhat overloaded.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
After the honeymoon period with the beat I'm definitely feelin that as well.
Happens so often to me, making a beat thinking "DAMN SON, THIS SHEET GOOOOD" 1-2 days later i listen back and think like "Yo, wtf were you smoking?" but then, the artis is his own hardest critic, maybe it sounds shit to oneself but dope AF to others. Thats why its good to get external feedback.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
External feedback is probably the most important thing you can get in music. And places like this where we don't know eachother by any stretch of the imagination. Nothing is more brutally honest than children or people online who don't know you. It will always knock you down a peg.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
I dig this. I like the indie vibe with hip hop drums. Probably why I like that Aesop Album with the chick who made the music from Juno, and that Polish Ambassador, Mr. Lif, and Ayla Nereo album. It's real chill. Shit I'd like to clean my house to (and I don't mean that in a bad way). I don't know what specifically the samples came from, but I'd like more of that. Please do.

I like the sample choices in this one. Once again has that boom bap sound that I grew up on. One thing I'll say is that its pretty repetitive. I would like to hear at least a little bit of drum work differentiating different sections of the song itself at the very least, if not a bit of one shot stuff to make each verse its own. You did a couple small drum fills on the vocal drops, but I feel like the drum pattern at least could have been switched up and still have been completely cohesive with the overall sound. It could be something as simple as an open hat, or as complex as a break beat. But I think it would be substantially better if the drums were changed with the beat itself. There's something that is unsatisfying about a drum fill that doesn't follow with a change of overall sound of the beat itself. I will say, however, the choice of drums you used fit the sound perfectly.

DOA:
Thats quite the intro for what you had to drop. I'm not saying what you've done sounds bad. It doesn't, but its missing an equally enticing drop to the intro. I do like the panning you did to the synth, and also the vocals fit real nice. One other gripe I would have is there isn't a lot of sub frequency from what I can hear through my KRK headphones. I thought it was just my E5xt monitors not representing lower register bass, which is a common issue with them. but my KRK's usually over represent bass frequencies, and it just wasn't there. Maybe I should listen with my RTI-A9 hi-fi speakers. Might yield a different result, but its 12:30 am and I cant right now. I'll come back tomorrow on this one if I remember.

Hey Now:
Dang, Despite being born in 91, the 80's sound is near and dear to me from growing up with young parents. That shit is nice for what it is. Very simple. I could Dance in the Dark to this. I tell ya.

Thats some trippy shit. Reminds me of my days doing hallucinogens. I wouldn't say its something I would go out of my way to listen to now adays, but its got an interesting industrial sound to it, and I'm not sure how you did alot of it. I complain about automation and I'm not even particularly good with it.

I will once again post seperately cause I'm still retarded and don't know how to post my own shit in the same post I'm replying to everyone.
Well the beat itself is kinda made jammin allong they way on my keyboard used some pitchbend and yes you got it right automation make it a bit smoother.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

i like the weird scream sound that came in briefly.
piano feels a bit too uncontrollably 'wide'.

feels like my ears are having to chase the sound all over.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@deanscott i like both tracks, I’m really digging the synth on the second track. I love upbeat grooves so this is right up my alley. I love your drums on the first, just got a sound system in my ride so they are really knocking on my speakers. The mixes sound good I can’t go into full detail the way I want because I’m adjusting to the new speakers but everything sounds good to me.
@TjombaBeats i really like and respect how you compose your beats, that is very interesting and fun to listen to. My favorite parts are the kicks you use and that gated synth that comes in on the later part of the beat. Nice work bro!
@iDeaLoGiK not bad, headed in the right direction. If I had to change something I would make a change in the melody, it’s not really sending a vibe. If it were more catchy and more in the pocket it would help the beat out a lot. Mix didn’t sound too bad but like I said earlier I can’t judge it right now with the new speakers.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online