Showcase - October 11-17, 2021

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@44Beatzz My man! This is incredible. Love the scratches and sfx. Also the use of pan really makes this song fun to listen to. And the drums pattern/ sound selection is flawless. Clean mix too. Honestly, nothing out of place on this track. Good stuff bro.

This is my song for the week. Sampled Diana Ross this time

nikwen

ILLIEN
My beat reminds me of an NTM track.

Super old-school. I guess you'll have a lot of fans with that on ILL.

Super cool track overall. Sounded a bit vintage and muddy sometimes. I guess that was intended, though, and really fits the old-school vibe. Not what I'd pick in a beat but I guess it has its fans.

The melody / the chords are really cool, though, and most of all chill. I like it. (y)

nikwen

ILLIEN
@44Beatzz My man! This is incredible. Love the scratches and sfx. Also the use of pan really makes this song fun to listen to. And the drums pattern/ sound selection is flawless. Clean mix too. Honestly, nothing out of place on this track. Good stuff bro.

That sampled vocal line is really cool! You probably heavily modified it, right? I like it!

Also enough space for the rapper on this track. It's got the ILL-typical old-school vibe, and I think it's one of the rare tracks that could serve as both a rap beat and a lofi-style background track for a cafe.

Good job!

DROOGUHR

Battle Points: 3
Super old-school. I guess you'll have a lot of fans with that on ILL.

Super cool track overall. Sounded a bit vintage and muddy sometimes. I guess that was intended, though, and really fits the old-school vibe. Not what I'd pick in a beat but I guess it has its fans.

The melody / the chords are really cool, though, and most of all chill. I like it. (y)
im digging this beat for sure, perfect balance of that dirty gritt and evil feel.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@44Beatzz Nice and smooth. Drums fit well, good overall mix but could use a bit heavier low end. Nice vocal snippets too!
@Rah.sool Good flip on Diana Ross! Nice flow to the beat, good horns, this one too could be a bit heavier in the low end but overall very dope.
@Sole Element I like the minimalist approach to this one. Very smooth, fits the vocals really well. Finger snaps and those kicks are a nice touch.
@jafar4000 Very gutter! Drums are nice and dirty and go well with the guitar. I think the kick is a bit all over so it makes the bass seem off a bit.

BigTyBeatDowns

Music is what keeps me going daily.
Battle Points: 1

Great sample. This super cinematic!

@44Beatzz Great beat :D What I like the most is that smooth bass line. Great drums. I like the choice of sounds you made here. Mix is on point in my opinion. Those little vocal snippets that appear from time to time really compliments everything in a nice way. Overall, I like it. :D

@Rah.sool Good structure of the beat. As @nikwen and @Fade mentioned great vocal lines and horns. One thing I didn't like that much were drums as they were a little bit too "thumpy" for me, a little bit too dull maybe. But overall, it flows very nicely and I like it. :) I'm also not a boombap expert so you should take my words with a pinch of salt. :)

@jafar4000 Very dirty beat :D It's definitely original. Although its structure is a bit chaotic, it doesn't make the beat unpleasant to listen to. Quite contrary. It's not something that I would listen to on my own but now when I listen to it it's pretty good.

@Sole Element If Sole Element is another account for Matt-D then there's no doubt that this remix will be good. :D You have a talent to make remixes. Clean mix as always. Everything is on point here in my opinion. Very smooth track.

@BigTyBeatDowns

Only Help - Great boom bap beat. As mentioned above, I'm not an expert in that genre but it was really nice to listen to it. Despite very minimalistic structure it doesn't get boring. Mix is on point in my opinion, those vocal snippets are cool, choice of sounds is on point but I would say that this is somewhat a typical boom bap beat. Nothing more, nothing less. It's good.

And Now... The Future- This one is great :D I love the drums here, mix is nice, arrangement is very good in my opinion. Everything compliments each other very well. Bring some more of it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.