Showcase - October 10-16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

maurauder

N
@DonPedro nice beat bro. The sample is dope.

@D-Mos that "Grime AF" beat is fresh. Nice work on that. "Rust" is dope too. Not really feelin all the stutters and shit but not bad at all.

@Skemez.518 this beats dope. Just them drums way too low. Fresh ass sample!

@Dan Miles I dig it bro. Smooth sample. Drums are nice. Good work.

@alex g this beat could be alright but man that mix is rough homie. I'd probably just drop that loud ass tone you brought in. It dont match the rest of the beat imo.

@maurauder I like this beat bro. That main tone by itself is a lil rough on the ears. It dont sound bad with everything else tho. Overall nice beat. Good work

@D.W.B. I think this is super smooth...its just so low tho.
Nice one bro appreciate the feedback

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
Heres one I been working on. Think I finally got the mix how I want it. Let me know if y'all hear something I dont.

Nothing here yet.

Bruh, I'm gonna seriously have to keep an eye on your work. You got some ill beats yo! Props!

I dug into my archives for this one, and revisited a beat to give it a new feel. ENJOY!

Nothing here yet.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.

YO! This beat is dope! I'm not a huge fan of loud hats, and personally believe a LOT of beatmakers have this problem when making beats. Not picking on you, but I wanna enjoy that kick and snare more than an annoying hi hat. Only my opinion tho...overall, this beat is solid

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
I have two beats......I've been trying to only sample my self lately and use very little samples. 1st everything is me except the string and hit sample. 2nd beat everything is me except the sample at the last 3/4ths of the beat.....also been having a tendency to get a bit more lofi lately......not really sure how it's working out tho.....lol.

Holy shit yo, that Rust joint is fuckin sick! I can definitely storytell over that beat...much respect yo!

maurauder

Beautiful noise the 08 beat revisited is NICE bro keep the vibe to the beat and try a change or a drop.
Nice work!!!!! Keep grindin

W

wafflelover1492

I made a new beat recently! If ya enjoyed, be sure to follow me on soundcloud!
()

Reviews:
@Chad :That beat is pretty dope! Nice technique you got working for ya and hopefully can do more with it in the future.

@NONONSENSEBEATS That beat is epic! Love how the vocal is used as a guitar almost. Good work!

@DonPedro The EQ on this is perfect! Nice use of instrumentation bro.

Messy Beatz

Battle Points: 11
Will give you feed as soon as you post your tracks.

Plz check out my new one

@DamskiDam - Ive left feedback on this one before bro but its damn nice, really do love them vocals that come in around the 1min mark and nice drums dude.

Check out my new beat!

@Bruferr Beatz - i like the drive this beat has bro, sounds real dark too with a catchy melody. perfect for Dex

Here is mine

Nothing here yet.

@Chad Like the sample and the way you decided to chop it but i can't get down with those drums bro, i feel you're trying to be different which is a good thing but seems you're trying to hard to be honest.

Heres one I been working on. Think I finally got the mix how I want it. Let me know if y'all hear something I dont.

Nothing here yet.

@NONONSENSEBEATS - I was so gripped from the intro waiting for it to drop and hit me hard BUT it went the opposite and didn't really impact at all bro... With an intro like that I expected a bit more.

Hello guys! Im new to this forum, so here we go :D
Here is a beat i recently made:

I see you @DonPedro - very smooth beat you have here dude, I dig it. Nice work.

Messy Beatz

I have two beats......I've been trying to only sample my self lately and use very little samples. 1st everything is me except the string and hit sample. 2nd beat everything is me except the sample at the last 3/4ths of the beat.....also been having a tendency to get a bit more lofi lately......not really sure how it's working out tho.....lol.

@D-Mos - That 1st beat is fucking SICK bro... really like what you did on this one, nice drums and gritty bass. The 2nd one 'Rust' i couldn't really vibe to, just in comparison with "Grime AF" its not that good.

OK Fellas. Been having some comp troubles lately so ain't been able to drop much. But here's something i just finished up from sample flip page. Tell me what you think. All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

@Skemez.518 - Nice flip bro, like the chops you picked out and the way you sequenced them, only thing letting this beat down it the mix bro, you need to get them drums really cutting through the mix because they do sound very faint, maybe try some parallel compression.

My beat this week is inspired by Kanye Wests soulful sampling, let me know what you think!

@Dan Miles - DOPE! - nothing bad to say. This is the best beat I've heard in the showcase so far. Salute to you sir.

Cheech and Chong! Go to Space! - Steve ROBS

@alex g - I like the idea behind this one bro but the mix really lets it down, sounds a little muddy and flat. Get familiar with EQ, Compression, Reverb and levelling your sounds properly (lets not forget panning) and your beats will sound much better bro.

Just finished this beat any feedback appreciated would love to find an mc to complete this track

Only sample is KRS One vocal. The rest is played by myself.

@maurauder - i like the various bass' you played in this they're dope. I personally couldn't hear anyone on this but it does sound fitting to be soundtrack music. Its a overall nice beat.

Hey,
check out my newest beat

@D.W.B. - is this your beat? Is this really the producer from The Cratez? If it is then you already know your beats are lit bro, your 32k subs on YouTube will tell you that. Lol.

Its a dope beat for sure.

Messy Beatz

Bruh, I'm gonna seriously have to keep an eye on your work. You got some ill beats yo! Props!

I dug into my archives for this one, and revisited a beat to give it a new feel. ENJOY!

Nothing here yet.

@Beautiful Noise That classic BoomBap - really like this man, sample is eerie dope. Defo had my head nodding.

I made a new beat recently! If ya enjoyed, be sure to follow me on soundcloud!
()

@wafflelover1492 - nice beat man, I didn't hear any bass at all and just felt the beat could of used one to really set it off properly otherwise dope beat.

Messy Beatz

Left everyone my honest feedback and I hope I wasn't too harsh, if you think I was then I apologise but I've learned that sometimes the harshest critics are the best to help you learn and develop rather then everyone just paying it safe saying "DOPE beat" "love it" "blah blah" Haha.

Here is 2 I made so far this week. Feel free to rip into me if you must. Thanks in advance guys (and girls if any)

RIDER

POWER

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Beautiful noise the 08 beat revisited is NICE bro keep the vibe to the beat and try a change or a drop.
Nice work!!!!! Keep grindin

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure what kind of changeup I'm going to throw in this one, but once it comes to me...BOOM!

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
i have no beat to show you guys, atleast not today i just wanted to listen to all your beats and give feedback without expect anyone elses for a change...

@DamskiDam this beat is so dam fire to me...mixed very well and bumps hard as f***...my only thing would be maybe a pause here and there with the bassline couldnt hurt...and that intro would be alot tougher without the kicks in it, just my opinion...just followed and liked this beat on soundcloud good job!
@Bruferr Beatz I like this joint, the 808's knock hard but maybe a little too hard that tail end of your 808 makes it real hard to hear the rest of the beat...the volume of your percussions are straight but that 808 bro ...
@Chad this would be incredibly more enjoyable to listen to if the drums in this were anywhere near to being on time...2 things i immidiately hate hearing is this incredibly off putting drum pattern thats going on...and how your sample is louder than your drums...im sorry i dont mean to sound over criticial, but a beat should atleast be something you can atleast listen to but i find myself not being able to find any kind of rhythm to this beat its almost literally impossible to rap to...
@NONONSENSEBEATS i like your style brother, no bullshit...i love your method of showing what the sample sounds like then flipping it on us, heard it from you a couple of times already, yo that break down where you have that bass guitar is fucking sick, this to me no lie sounds like something justin timberlake or somebody would make a smash hit to...
@DonPedro when the beat dropped i almost broke my neck bro...love the boom bap style and feel to this beat, kind of reminds me of a dr dre west coast kind of feel with the drum pattern...i love how eery this shit is and how different it is but yet so something id love to make a track to and spit about some crazy dream i had or some shit...its got a nice groove and its easy to spit to, nice job
@D-Mos turn up the tempo and use the piano keys sparringly and in the right spots this could really be some next level shit...2 artists i picture on this would be like kendric lamar and joey badazz...i could hear them now...ohh man that first breakdown or whatever sounded bad you should correct that...your sub bass is cool but very long and loopy you should change it up every couple of bars, i love the sample but theres alot of noise or something in it...love the beat except for the parts that hurts my ears...really loud hissing or something idk
@Skemez.518 i dont think that gun shot matches this beat or the sample or the vibe from the beat, the hook is way better and the ears than the verses, gunshots throw me way off everytime i hear it, this beat was cool im kinda glad it was short this seems like something you did when you were bored or just flipping this sample for fun because i couldnt really get a flow going to this one from you buddy
@Dan Miles classic sample, I cant tell if you added a breakbeat or just used the original drums but that hook sounds great too this sounds like a dope movie soundtrack or some kind of interlude on an album...i enjoyed this but i heard this sample so many times, this would be something id freestyle to when im blazed
@alex g hey alex thanks for blowing my dam ears out with the bubble effect or whatever that was...the 808s in this need to be EQ'd better but besides that i like the main verse...what is this horn part about? like really this part seems undone or not meant to be there or something
@maurauder reminds me of some daft punk type shit...im digging it...refreshingly different from some of the beats ive heard so far...its got a nice groove to it and the drums are pretty dope...i like beats with electronic sounds so this is real dope to me, nice job
@D.W.B. with that being your first post, im ammusing you posted to gain traffic for your website, your beat is dope but you should share thoughts with others that what this site is about
@Beautiful Noise all your beats are kinda weird, i like some of them, some of them i dont but they all always have a certain sound of menacy to them as if a mad scientist had come up with them...i dig that about you bro dont be afraid to be yourself...that second beat was cool it kind of dope to spit to
@wafflelover1492 second beat ive heard using a reversed sample dope!...the drums in this are dope but i think you should have that percussion instrument you got in there lowered some cuz its a little distracting, i like this i wonder what the sample sounded like in regular form...my ersonal opinion would be to not use any of those voices and focus more in the instruments or chopping this sample a little bit more
@messybeat i dont like triangles

W

wafflelover1492

@Messy Beatz Thanks, I'll try to keep in mind with the bass in my tracks. I just rarely ever use bass in my tracks a lot. Not sure why I do but I just don't prioritize bass. Lol Wierd saying that to one hip hop producer to another I know.

@Chef M!KE DB Thanks for the feedback. The original sample of the track can be found in the description for the original source. I do agree that the percussion made of over stayed it's welcome on some parts of the track but I guess I just like the sound enough to just keep it looped. Lol

W

wafflelover1492

I recently started to play my own piano keys into tracks. I am not the next Mozart or anything but would love to hear your opinions on if the piano is good or not.

W

wafflelover1492

@Messy Beatz

I like both beats but t tell you the truth, it does not have any character to them. The drums and bass is top notch but it feels like someone with the same level of experience could make them also. I would love to see where that experience goes if you try new song layouts and many more instruments in unfamiliar places.Your beats can be slept on because it sounds like any other trap beat on youtube. Again, your have the experience and potential to make great beats but lose the "Young Thug" and "Hopsin" type beats formula. Don't try to sound like the producers who make those beats. Be yourself man and fuck if they don't get much plays. As long as you believe in your own creativity of making music. Good or bad, that's the real worth of producing. Don't be that guy who tries to sound like "that one producer" and try to be in conversations of "That sounds like a Messy Beatz production". :) I mean that with good heart man. From one producer to another..

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online