Showcase - November 4-10, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Hey Skid, I totally dig this track. I would maybe pick a different sound for the hat/ride sound. Also it seems like the master bus compressor is working really hard. But that's all I can really hear, this is dope man!

Ok here is a track that is not quite done that is going on the next DP record, still working out the chorus going to have a female vocalist sing on it, but other than that its like 90% there. Check it out.

Last edited:
Battle Points: 309
Hey Skid, I totally dig this track. I would maybe pick a different sound for the hat/ride sound. Also it seems like the master bush compressor is working really hard. But that's all I can really hear, this is dope man!

Ok here is a track that is not quite done that is going on the next DP record, still working out the chorus going to have a female vocalist sing on it, but other than that its like 90% there. Check it out.

Tha beat is amazing fam ! it sounds very clean and i digg a lot that verses ! Dope ish !

@Skid Nice grimey beat, just hear ODB on this one! Agree with DP on the bus compressor, I think the hat sound itself is fine you just need more reverb on it, but changing it could do the trick as well!

@DP nice sample, love that Harry Fraud tune (although french montana :/) Beat is straight on point, love the messy wooden percussion in the background. Rap is tight as well homie, with a little tweaking this will be an awesome track, cant wait to hear the album. You should spit on one of my beats man :)

@Andrei Claudiu This one is really tight, very laid back feel, love the sample esp. the organ bit! I would say that I would like the master a bit brighter, sounds a little bottom heavy to me. Also maybe if the snare smacked a bit harder too. but all in all this is a great jam! Nodding my head all the way!

@HzBeast BLG Shit son this has that Dilla vibe, lovely work. Again I would maybe like to hear the drums a bit louder. Also some nice filter automation on the sample (as dilla would :) would be lovely and create some movement. Composition is ace though!

I have been working hard on this remix for a competition, I know its not quite boom bap as my usual, but I would really appreciate the thoughts of some good producers :

Hey Skid, I totally dig this track. I would maybe pick a different sound for the hat/ride sound. Also it seems like the master bus compressor is working really hard. But that's all I can really hear, this is dope man!

Track Knocks Hard my g!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online