Showcase - May 5-11, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Noccio

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Guys give each other some constructive feedback please, you can post your shit here but you won't get none if you don't give some.

(pretty fucking high right now)

BC warlock: I think you've got a good ear for sound (sound as in overal timbre). I like the beats, but I miss a groove in both of them. I'd say try experimenting with basic drumpatterns en focus on the timing of every drum hit. kik, snr, hat, til you have 8 bars off sweetness.
I don't know what you've read or heard about compression and limiting, but I think this is too much. The drums are so loud that they cancel all other tracks. If this was your intention, check out side-chain compression for more control over the mix.
Plus I like your drum samples, did you chop them yourself? Props if so. It's my ongoing struggle to make those sound the way I want, but I love the sound. Try EQing the hat with a low cut at 500Hz if you want em less muddy. And maybe fading out the snr sample a little earlier. Just suggestions.

HZbeast: Not really feeling this, sorry. Try using reference tracks, pick a track that has the sound you're looking for and make yours sound as close as possible. Not to copy something, but to have the skill to make it sound like that.

Raninthacut: Try giving some feedback on others man.. I listened to all three of em and I liked hurricane the most. Is that you rapping? I would make the vocals A LOT dryer man, shorten the reverb time and put the dry/wet on %20 (even better to put it on a bus though).
Catch a opp: I did not enjoy listening to this. sorry to say it, but try learning some music theory or something. Basic chords, scales. It's easy to learn if you apply everything you learn directly in your beats.
Space Pack: Same.. Sounds are on point though.

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
Guys give each other some constructive feedback please, you can post your shit here but you won't get none if you don't give some.

(pretty fucking high right now)

BC warlock: I think you've got a good ear for sound (sound as in overal timbre). I like the beats, but I miss a groove in both of them. I'd say try experimenting with basic drumpatterns en focus on the timing of every drum hit. kik, snr, hat, til you have 8 bars off sweetness.
I don't know what you've read or heard about compression and limiting, but I think this is too much. The drums are so loud that they cancel all other tracks. If this was your intention, check out side-chain compression for more control over the mix.
Plus I like your drum samples, did you chop them yourself? Props if so. It's my ongoing struggle to make those sound the way I want, but I love the sound. Try EQing the hat with a low cut at 500Hz if you want em less muddy. And maybe fading out the snr sample a little earlier. Just suggestions.

HZbeast: Not really feeling this, sorry. Try using reference tracks, pick a track that has the sound you're looking for and make yours sound as close as possible. Not to copy something, but to have the skill to make it sound like that.

Raninthacut: Try giving some feedback on others man.. I listened to all three of em and I liked hurricane the most. Is that you rapping? I would make the vocals A LOT dryer man, shorten the reverb time and put the dry/wet on %20 (even better to put it on a bus though).
Catch a opp: I did not enjoy listening to this. sorry to say it, but try learning some music theory or something. Basic chords, scales. It's easy to learn if you apply everything you learn directly in your beats.
Space Pack: Same.. Sounds are on point though.
Thanks for the feedback man! Yeah Im just starting out.That last beat was only like my 2nd.My finger drumming does indeed suck though...but it should get better with time..and your right the drums are really loud.I guess I should take more time with them.And as far as side chain I don't think I can do that on an sp404 sampler(I wish though)anyway thanks again for the feedback!...by the way the drums i did chop my self off of a drum break video on youtube haha!

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
Heres my third one but I think the drums are off(Im working on my drumming though)but I like the sample so i thought Id put it up for some feed back as far as the other aspects bc I know the drums are off haha!
Edit:Yeah I tried to fix this track a best I could but the drums still suck.....

Last edited:

OmJo

@skidflow Dope song with a dope beat, good job.
@kdanger Link didn't work, but I listened to Second Player, that beat is sick and I'm liking the song as a whole.
@Kevlar070 Nice sample.
@athagreat Definitely got the sound down, smooth and calm beat.
@2GooD Productions Nice West Coast style beat, great job!
@bcwarlock you won't make perfect beats overnight, trust me lol, it takes practice and learning some music theory helps. Keep going with it.
@HzBeast BLG I'm liking this, start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.