Showcase - May 5-11, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skidflow. The emcee is cool, but you are better, I really want to hear you rapping more, its been a long ass time. I think the beat could be a bit heavier in the bass, there is enough going on to keep things interesting, but I would consider throwing a changeup in there just to see how it sounds, if it dont work then fuck it, but its worth a try.

KDanger. Link not working. Can you link to just one or two beats please not the whole page, thanks.

AThaGreat. A cool chill beat, I feel it needs a little something, a bit more energy maybe, or some more variation, the synth line gets a bit repetetive after a while, I like the changeup at the end with the sample, nice touch, more of that please.

Kevlar. Dope flippage, cool sample sounds like its from some old kung fu movie, I think the mix is a bit grimy though, some people like that sort of thing though so its no real biggie.

Hephyn. The sample is sick as fuck. I would love the drum pattern to be more generic, its a bit random for my liking. I think this one could use some more work, just to do the sample some justice, that shit is ill.

Last edited:

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Skid: Definitely fuckin with this beat. Vocals are a little loud. But Im really diggin this. Shit is fuckin clean.

Kev: Im fuckin with it, but I agree with 2Good with the mix sounding a little grimey..sounds a little muddy in the lows. but this shit is cool as fuck though. I can see someone gettin off on some fierce shit on this one.

AthaG: Definitely fuckin with these drums. Im a sucker for different types of percussion. Synth is legit too. Sounds great mang. The level of the hi hat loop kinda throws me off a bit. Lovin the piano though.

2Good: Shit man, cant say much. Pretty heat. Anyone could use it and get on it. Only thing I would mention is the snare; just kinda wish it was different. But it goes mang. Great work.

Hephyn: Im really fuckin with this a lot. I love different shit, and I love that the drums throw you off (because they are still technically on point). Keep fuckin with the levels though cuz it is kinda flat. And then the only other thing I would say is the sample at the end, I would kinda let it play out those last couple words. But thats just me. Good shit mang, I fucks with it.

KDanger: gotta check your shit a bit later, link isnt working

Status
Not open for further replies.