Showcase - May 31-June 6, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10

Hooked from the very first down beat!!!

The house like, chiptune elements are incredibly charming. Trap style 808's have never been my thing but they suit this composition perfectly. the first Down filtered/tape stop transition helped build tension though I felt it was a bit abrupt. I think a sharper higher transient snare (fat tape 808) would've been more suiting - the overall cohesion of this track is great.

Vibes, bounce and bang. What else do you need in a tune??

P.S. the second down filtered transition was much more seamless!!!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
@Marc Duncan Nice job bro! Sounds like a Megaman game from my childhood

Here's mine for this week

I could totally envision Mobb Deep putting down some heat on top of this!

The drums are grimey, gritty and bang hard! The instrument choice for the main melody felt a bit out of place thought. It's too clean and synthetic comparatively speaking. The counter melody and background melodic features are much more compelling and interesting.

808's on this track is a disservice in my opinion. A gritty joint like this deserves sampled, acoustic boom. Otherwise Dope fucking beat. Could also see Madchild dropping some dungeon dragon style heat on this!!!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
@Rah.sool very clean! I like the melody it is very catchy. I would like to see how it sounds as a complete song

Very dramatic!! The chip-tune/Arcade vibe makes me want to pump some more quarters into this track lol!!!!

The synth melody is a bit too sharp in tone and texture for the rest of the track. Not sure if that's what your were going for - but a HP filter with some down sampling may have helped it blend better into that late 80's/early 90s lo-fi/chiptune aesthetic. Could definitely hear an underground cypher going off on this beat though.

Nice!!!!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Hi All,
Really enjoyed everything I've heard so far. I posted this little snippet/live performance to Youtube a few weeks back. Would love some feedback from this great community.

Please note, this is my first submission to the "Showcase" community - so please, go easy on me lol

Cheers,

Chill Guitar Beat

NANI beats

Hi All,
Really enjoyed everything I've heard so far. I posted this little snippet/live performance to Youtube a few weeks back. Would love some feedback from this great community.

Please note, this is my first submission to the "Showcase" community - so please, go easy on me lol

Cheers,

Chill Guitar Beat

I heard the simple rhythm like this very long time ago.. but it's still good...!!

Idk if Zues is this right name this reminds me of Sonic
@Marc Duncan Nice job bro! Sounds like a Megaman game from my childhood

Here's mine for this week

Nice man
@Rah.sool very clean! I like the melody it is very catchy. I would like to see how it sounds as a complete song

Everybody doing these video game types. This dope.

Trap beat~!
Please enjoy!

Yea I definitely get Lil Baby vibes on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.