Showcase - May 31 - June 02, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Post your beats! And please provide feedback.

*Remember: Give feedback, then post your beat.

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Smile, You're on Candid Camera

@2Good, Jamaican Girl is well put together but the overuse of the autotune effect really throws off the vibe for me personally, It goes with the song but it's slightly overused (in my opinion). The Same goes for Smoking. Both songs are mixed and produced really good, they have a Miami nightlife vibe.

@Raw D The beat is vintage chop bap hip hop!! The hi hats need to be leveled in the mix, and the ride cymbal/crash sounds are slightly overused. The beat itself is tight. It reminds me of something Ghostface/Raekwon would wreck!!

here's my joint http://soundcloud.com/niggasorous/conceited-the-arrogant-curse

I would be the first person to agree with both of you about autotune, I fucking hate it with a vengeance. Im currently just going through some of their songs and putting new music to them, as the previous producer had a falling out with my manager so the songs all need new music. On some of the songs I have to work with autotuned pellas. And yes I cringe everytime I hear the "autotune effect"
So im with you guys there.

I will drop feedback in a few minutes.

Raw D. I like this, I think its pretty much emcee ready. I like the heavy bass, that always gets a thumbs up from me. It would be nice to hear a little funky breakdown at some point, then build back up to the main loop. Just for the sake of more variation.

Nobody Else. This beat is fucking dope, I love the minimalism and subtlety. Just by looking at the wave Im not sure if the bass is too loud, but it sounds good on my desktop speakers regardless.

RAW-D

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 41
great looking out guys.
my beat isnt mixed yet. its just raw from my FL studio :D
need to mix it soon tho.
i might be changin some things in the variation. what u said 2good.
gonna look at it real soon.
im finally back to makin some music.
didnt make it for a little while. (busy and stuff)

@2good
honestly, i really hate autotune.
without the autotune your songs would be much better.
as the beats are good. just what nobodyelse said.

@nobodyelse
that bass is sick as fuck
nice drums.
a good interlude if u ask me!

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
@2Good - nice production. mix sounds nice to me. ditto the autotune comments, but i understand.

@raw-d - i would've liked to hear a heavier kick. like the vibe of the track though.

@nobodyelse - man, i love that piano. that shit is hard! the bass gives it a laid back vibe, but the piano adds some suspense to it. nice work.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
2G, I agree with TOO much autotune...I am cool with it being used in specific points... Those are the most commercial beats I've heard from you.... How does it feel? Good, right?

My recommendation is to have him at least be able to hit SOME notes, use melodyne on parts that he can't hit, and really crank up the autotune on specific parts to emphasize those parts, because it can get really monotonous...

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 216
2G..."jamaican girl" is on some pop type shit...dope though...of course Im looking pass the auto tune...nice crossover. "smoking"...is nice also my dude...I mean these are clicheish subject matters to sing about if you are into jamaican artist...dope anyway though fam.

Raw-D...this beat is cool my dude...it just seems the bass could be developed a tad more. I think it would be better if it mirrored the melody of the sample.

Nobody else...sounds like a interlude to a West coast joint....not much to complain about here fam...the less is more effect come thru.

I got two famzly...just trying to get cozy.

"How we rollin"
http://soundcloud.com/skidmatik/how-we-rollin

"where ya goin"
http://soundcloud.com/skidmatik/where-ya-goin

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
@ 2good the mixing is nice bro keep up the good work!!

@ sucio dammmmm im luving it bro all them tracks bang the techno is sick even though im not into it u show lots of versatility!!

@ raw D sick beat just work on them mixing levels and also not over using some of them sounds them cymbals clutter the beat! still sick beat though!

@ nobody sick bro the piano is tight!!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
@2Good - all the songs are pretty catchy, the production is solid, and the mix is excellent.

@Nobody Else -with the right mix, this can be a very nice one bro.

@Raw D - drums solid, but the horns and vocals are the stars of that show

@Skidflow- 1st one is super soulful, but i think i dig the 2nd more. what u use to chop that main part?

minez

http://soundcloud.com/sober-minded-music/identify-sobermindedmusic

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
The revolution will be radioized

@Wizard QUIT PLAYIN!!! That Joint is FIRE!!! Thats the kinda hip hop I grew up on and really enjoy!! The Beat Is ICE, The Lyrics are on POINT, & the perfectly compliment each other.. Tight Tight Tight Tight Joint!!!!

@Skidflow How We Rollin is Tight The bassline/string combo is butter!!! The "Break It Down Like This" is a nice ingredient in the pot.. that sample is tight I know I've heard it in my record collection but I couldn't remember what album it was, its a dope joint.. My only gripe is its missing a crucial change up to take it over the top, like a play off the sample with the bass and snare (but thats just me) The beats is still bangin!! Where ya goin is Mixed right, I like the choice of kick drum.

RAW-D

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 41
@skidflow
How we rollin: dope sample, dope ass beat.
i would put a more boom kick in it, but thats just me.
Where ya goin: thats what im talkin about!
them drums are dope as fuck!

great job on both!

@wizard
those drums are sick!
love the beat
who is the rapper tho? he is dope!

@SoberMindedMuzk
not really feeling this beat.
drums are good. clap hmm not so much
keep it up tho

Wizard. This is dope, the only thing I could suggest would be a changeup/breakdown. Other than that, sounds good to me.

Skid. How We Rolling. This is really dope, the little breakdown works great. I would bring the high hats up a small bit.
Where Ya Goin. This has a nice preemoesque vybe. I really like the way you use variation. Once again I would like the high hats to sparkle a bit more.

Soberminded. The low end is a little bit muddy, but I like this. A bit of extra layering on those synths to add some body. I like the little synths that come in, they sound really good. Even with just a mix this could sound really good.

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
Don't Drink The Milk , Why? Because it came from a cow stupid!

@Sobermindedmusic Do It Is Raw Bizness!!! The Bassline is dope, the way the beat builds is dope snares, hats, dope!!! This is a fresh beat!! the way the kick bounces in COLD!!! I REALLY Dig this joint, and the mix is tight!!! Identify has some great elements as well, I view this beat as a thoughtful album cut, with the right rhymes to compliment this joint it could be a low key classic joint.. The Clap/Snare combo is dope, your non over use of synths is nice, as they are perfectly spaced.. The Identify sample is sooo cleverly chopped and works perfectly with the beat.. Two truly unique and dope joints.. keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.