Showcase - May 2-8, 2022

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

@Sole Element Joy In Love. This is really chilled, watching you play it is a nice touch. My only criticism is that the piano is a bit loud and dominating over everything else. Sit it back in the mix a little and all will be good in the world.

Miracles Take Time. The piano sits much nicer in the mix on this one. Sounds like some oldskool rnb.

@Amnesia Survival Of The Illest. This is right up my street, I love the whole vibe and energy of it. The only thing thats lacking IMO is the low lows. Great battle beat.

Club Anthem. This is dope too, haven't got any criticisms of this one.

Last edited:

Yomni

Battle Points: 2
Let me start by settings it off properly.

The second one an Arabian Vibe Saudi Oil Barron Banger

The two notes at 1:09 on the synth bass are so hard bro!
The only thing I can suggest is adding more reverb to the flute? See if that makes it sound more atmospheric, at times I feel like its just the tiniest bit dry. Otherwise its dope af.

The first one dope. I think its hard and a rapper could definitely spit something on it. I dont have much else to say about it. Also I cant make the comment on last weeks thread, but I have some critiques on your Drill Beat:

Add more snares such as a counter snare and more rhythm to the current snare by switching up its pattern a little. Change the hi hats, they are bit too piercing. The slides on the 808s are good pattern wise but I cant hear them that well because the notes may be pitched too close to each other, I suggest experimenting with higher pitched octaves. The skeleton of the Drill beat you posted on last weeks thread is fire tho, you can make it even more fire I feel like tho.

Yomni

@Sole Element Joy In Love. This is really chilled, watching you play it is a nice touch. My only criticism is that the piano is a bit loud and dominating over everything else. Sit it back in the mix a little and all will be good in the world.

Miracles Take Time. The piano sits much nicer in the mix on this one. Sounds like some oldskool rnb.

@Amnesia Survival Of The Illest. This is right up my street, I love the whole vibe and energy of it. The only thing thats lacking IMO is the low lows. Great battle beat.

Club Anthem. This is dope too, haven't got any criticisms of this one.

No samples No matter made rap!! I made a fire sounding hook to it in my room lmaoo. That one so fire bro, I wouldn't change a thing on it well done!
Nothings Gonna Stop me is produced really well, but I feel like it needs good lyrics and vocals to be dope, beatwise its decent.
Howling Wolf Flip a bop!

Yomni

So some context-- I am suffering from beat block... These may not sound that good or they may just be atrocious lol, please be honest!!

Couldn't upload them as files for some reason, so I had to use google drive links

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
So some context-- I am suffering from beat block... These may not sound that good or they may just be atrocious lol, please be honest!!

Couldn't upload them as files for some reason, so I had to use google drive links

Your drum kit sounds are on point. Drum patterns are on point. Your melodies need more work bro. Mixing is good too.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I am suffering from beat block...
Just keep going, you can always make shitty music, no excuses. But out of 10 - 20 beats you make there will be some unpolished bangers. What i find helpful is to look out for music types you usually dont listen to. There will be some sounds in it that might light up that fire again.
Stuff like "beat block" happens when you kinda try to force yourself to keep up a certain level of quality. Sometimes you gotta go into that IDGAF mode, produce some shit and eventually your new adventure will fuse together with stuff you already made "good". Experiment, break out of that "xyz has to be like this and that" box and make some really crappy stuff. But i can guarantee you ll discover something new. (y)

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
@Sole Element Loving both of these. Really work on the keys! You can move on that board. Really enjoyed watching as well as listening. You're going down the original route and my first thought when listening to you is "I could chop that". Really liked both pieces but prefer your t-shirt on the second one. Can't say more than that!

@Amnesia Survival of the Illest sounds like some end of level baddie music. Only thing I'd say is the snare seems off beat and upsets the flow / tempo a little. Otherwise a really well produced number.

I feel like Club Anthem is a bit confusing. I really LOVE the drums, the bounce in the kick is great but I feel like the Indian vibe / flute doesn't suit the vibe you've set with the drums or even the title. The shaker is brilliant and I'd have that been a feature throughout. I think a stabbing flute / piano would have better suited the drums here. Still a really well executed beat. Nice one!

@Yomni Wise words from @DPrezd Beggar . I actually don't think you have anything to worry about. Probably just overthinking it and/or are being too much of a perfectionist with things. Not sure if you made all 3 of these this week, if you have, maybe try and get 1 beat absolutely smashed before moving on? I actually think all 3 of these are decent. Certainly not atrocious. @Amnesia hit the nail on the head. Your drums seem to bang on (pun totally intended) but your melodies / choice of instruments / grooves need the work. I'd try to strip your melodies back a little. Maybe try some stabs / shorter, cut up style stuff as all of your beats tend to have instruments playing across many bars and this sort of kills the vibe and energy of your great drums. Maybe try to minimise / chop your instruments and have them compliment your drums. Might feel a bit minimal at first but you can then drop the longer parts in and out? Hope this helps! Nice one!

Here's my remix of The Good People's "Support Group".
Nothing here yet.

Mefisto Beats

SickFlow Records
Battle Points: 103
Chill vibe.

Lovin this one.. Bouncy af, fire melodies. Drums are killer, maybe a bit mo variations wouldn't hurt, but they hit so damn hard that I dont care. I would ditch those female Ahhs or make em more echo and lower their volume.
Here's my remix of The Good People's "Support Group".
Nothing here yet.
Nice jazzy boom bap beat. Dope remix.. Tbh never heard original (b4), but song slaps.
Latest production!

Dope smooth song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online