Showcase - May 2-8, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@Marc Duncan I'm sorry bro, but you really should vary your sounds, each week tracks sound like the last week's.
there are a few things I would not do: -use the exact same sound in different tracks (or at least not the same week/month/year)
you really should try other sound sources, synths, samples, whatever, but get out of your comfort zone.

I'd like to hear some difference, show that you're actually listening to the comments on your work, otherwise there's no point really, for others to make the effort, listen to your music, and take the time to leave comments.

You're not bad, you got talent for sure, but you just do the exact same thing over and over again. I don't know, smoke some weed, take a few mushrooms, take a break for a few weeks, do something else and come back at it with new, fresh ideas.

You're not working at a factory here (which is why I don't like the word "produce" that much, really), quality should be the goal, not quantity
originality, not conformity, uniqueness, music shows people who we are. Get dirty, get vulnerable, I know for sure you can do it, but you gotta do it bro, just do it!

@DeCrescendo
I like the mix between old and new style, great sample and chops. The snare is a little weak. Also in that kind of track, I'd love to hear nuances, there are some towards the end of the beat, but I'd like to hear more, breaks and whatnot. Other than that, and the snare, it's pretty good!

as for myself, a remix again, playing with a new synth ;)
luckily, I also found the official video, so I did a sync with my track
minimalistic beat tho

Last edited:

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20
@Marc Duncan I quite like the melody in the first one.A twist on the Cardigans song. I agree with hadoq about the synth sound. The tune feels a bit generic and I think your drums would sound better with a bit more variation. They sound very quantized (not always a bad thing) but I think if you mixed them up a bit it would improve the track.

Haunted - This has got a similar feel to the first one. Maybe some vocal samples (kanye style) over the top would add more of a melody to this one.

@Hadoq Nice tune. Got a funky bassline and goes well with the vocals. You make all the sounds live? Would love to se a tutorial video if you ever make them. I would like to use more live instruments. I think the hi hats might be a little loud but it could be my speakers.

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
@Marc Duncan I'm sorry bro, but you really should vary your sounds, each week tracks sound like the last week's.
there are a few things I would not do: -use the exact same sound in different tracks (or at least not the same week/month/year)
you really should try other sound sources, synths, samples, whatever, but get out of your comfort zone.

I'd like to hear some difference, show that you're actually listening to the comments on your work, otherwise there's no point really, for others to make the effort, listen to your music, and take the time to leave comments.

You're not bad, you got talent for sure, but you just do the exact same thing over and over again. I don't know, smoke some weed, take a few mushrooms, take a break for a few weeks, do something else and come back at it with new, fresh ideas.

You're not working at a factory here (which is why I don't like the word "produce" that much, really), quality should be the goal, not quantity
originality, not conformity, uniqueness, music shows people who we are. Get dirty, get vulnerable, I know for sure you can do it, but you gotta do it bro, just do it!

@DeCrescendo
I like the mix between old and new style, great sample and chops. The snare is a little weak. Also in that kind of track, I'd love to hear nuances, there are some towards the end of the beat, but I'd like to hear more, breaks and whatnot. Other than that, and the snare, it's pretty good!

as for myself, a remix again, playing with a new synth ;)
luckily, I also found the official video, so I did a sync with my track
minimalistic beat tho

Thanks for the advice.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Marc Duncan : Haunted i liked the most out of these two. like the stutter fx..
@DeCrescendo : Like the hat work. interesting sample, love how its played. That break part is my favorite..
@Hadoq : Nice! KO on this showcase so far. Really like this. Massive kick and that synth is crazy. Great work.

So i have a strange one, this is a snippet from a new project, and you won't understand the lyrics if your not Norwegian. Sorry. :)

Psylocybe

@Marc Duncan : Haunted i liked the most out of these two. like the stutter fx..
@DeCrescendo : Like the hat work. interesting sample, love how its played. That break part is my favorite..
@Hadoq : Nice! KO on this showcase so far. Really like this. Massive kick and that synth is crazy. Great work.

So i have a strange one, this is a snippet from a new project, and you won't understand the lyrics if your not Norwegian. Sorry. :)

I acc really like this it's interesting aha, Strangely good.

I only just learnt how to produce but i sampled some pretty famous people for this beat, lmk what you think or any feedback is very appreciated

Mike Free Music

Mike Free Music
Battle Points: 101
@Marc Duncan : You if you use the same sounds like that. filp them on a different type of track. I dont know make one a dance or R&B and one trap. People use sounds and drums over and over and over but they color them different.
Peace 1

Illustrious

Illustrious London
Battle Points: 1
Hey guys, some great beats on here already. Please check out my beat and leave some feedback. Have no real idea of what level I am on atm so please help me out!

Illustrious

Illustrious London
Battle Points: 1
@Hadoq Nice heavy track. Could be slightly more interesting however. Having said that, it still thumps
@Mike Free Music My favourite track on this thread. Love the Dilla x Kanye vibe
@Klypse Very solid and nice track. Nice sample and good drums
@scream'O We've got ourselves another wannabe premo (Only joking). Very nice and catchy track.

Sorry for the late response.. Am new to the forum

Mike Free Music

Mike Free Music
Battle Points: 101
@Hadoq Nice heavy track. Could be slightly more interesting however. Having said that, it still thumps
@Mike Free Music My favourite track on this thread. Love the Dilla x Kanye vibe
@Klypse Very solid and nice track. Nice sample and good drums
@scream'O We've got ourselves another wannabe premo (Only joking). Very nice and catchy track.

Sorry for the late response.. Am new to the forum
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.