Showcase - May 19-25, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
Nice

This is the page we post a beat for competition am I correct?

This is my work. I've been beatboxing since 2000, but only making beats since two months ago

I like the track overall but its a little repetitive(I struggle with this as well)also the clap sounds too loud or like its too compressed or something not sure.I like the guitar riff reminds me of like Rammstein or something.Also hats could be louder imo bc its hard to hear the pattern and they sound like they are doing some interesting stuff.Good job overall though!

just having fun choppin

good work son

so dope...makes me wanna hit the lab

Im digging this only complaint would be the kick and snare hit could be punchier.I love the chopping though..wish I could do some chops like that with the little snippets of vocals laced in them but I never can find the right chops or maybe Im just not playing around with them enough.I like some of the stuttering going on in this track too.Reminds me of a producer from Germany by the name of Chief Bob.Check him out if you get the chance,he makes beats on an SP404 and has some real glitchy vibes going on.

Heres a track I finished today...feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nel-E-Nel

Battle Points: 9
I like the track overall but its a little repetitive(I struggle with this as well)also the clap sounds too loud or like its too compressed or something not sure.I like the guitar riff reminds me of like Rammstein or something.Also hats could be louder imo bc its hard to hear the pattern and they sound like they are doing some interesting stuff.Good job overall though!

Thanks for commenting with some feedback, I'm looking into your suggestions right now. Much appreciated

@bc thanks for the tips, here's a updated version

athagreat - i really like the pianos and when them horns came in gave it a nice touch, nice work also in the filtering...overall i really enjoyed it good work

kdvs - nice catchy song, any way to tell us what the vocals are saying?

raininthacut - it feels like the kicks should hit harder but other than that its cool i like the synths and the filtering, i luv the hh's in this one

mikechief - i like the way the drums come in, sounds like a good mix, yea once u add that little baseline u got something bro

bcwarlock - those vocals are mean!! i really like them give the track a very cool dreamy vibe....also really diggin the change up....enjoyed this one i followed u on soundcloud

nel e nel - very good mix, but i feel like something is missing, maybe add some change to it as well

themessengah - real smooth diggin the drums and the mellow vibe...i could hear logic on this

diskrete - cool guitar nice mix, maybe adding a bassline would give it more life...like the strings that come in nice touch

check me out

the beats is so crispy. wish I new this sample. i know with a dope verse, this'll be a certified banger. i would of added some drop downs but still a great beat otherwise.

Please guys, and Im speaking to the new members.

"Nice" does not equal feedback. Look at KDVS and Andrew Lopez's posts. That is feedback.
For the showcase to be effective for all members that take the time to get involved it requires a little bit of time to give some MEANINGFUL feedback. What is anyone going to learn from "Nice" or "Dope"?

You will only ever get out what you put in, so please MAKE AN EFFORT. Its better for everybody.
Otherwise the showcase will just die out again, and I really dont want to see that happen, it was the showcase that helped my beat making skills more than anything else.

Also please dont just keep posting 5 minute beat after 5 minute beat, try to limit the number of beats per showcase to 2 or 3. There is always next week. I understand how hard it is to get people to listen to your music and its quite a buzz when people "check out your shit", but remember we all have lives too and cannot devote an evening checking out all your latest tracks.

Just a little consideration goes a long way.

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

Remember that, because nobody really makes it just by themselves.

Nel E Nel.. No this isnt where you post beats for competition. This is where you post beats to get feedback.[/Q
@bcwarlock..nice, everyone like ahs. Sonically on point

@athagreat...like the filter and the snares commin in

@Nel-E-Nel ..reworked sounds good, drum has a good sound...synth reminds me of some westcoast ish for a sec

@Apocalypsebeats..like the leadin n instrument variety..strings,horns and more

@The Messengah ...chopped it to death

@Profizeus..nice

justabeat

a lot of times when i listen to a beat, i pay attention to the snares. i like the the way the snares here are layered. the clap is crispy and the snare is just dirty. the beats is nasty all around. i'll run with it....

just having fun choppin

good work son

so dope...makes me wanna hit the lab

the clap in the beginning is crispy with the bells. as the beat progresses, i find myself liking the beat more and more. then here come the voices....... soo dope. i try to get beats to sound this good sonically but often fail. this is quality right here.

Love how this progresses esp the horns...and your use of a filter really sets this track off imo.Drums are nice..bass is nice...like the bongos? toward the middle of the track too that pan around the stereo field.

KD:Not sure what the vocals are saying but the track sounds nice and upbeat and I like it.
Mike:This track is nice man...Id throw a bass in there and post just to see...but you might be right about it not needing it but Im not sure....either way though love the feel of the track.

I like this...synths are evil as always...hats sound nice...like the filter work...the only thing I would do would be to make he baseline heavier or with more bottom end but thats just my opinion good track though :)

Heres a track I made a few days ago...
Love how this progresses esp the horns...and your use of a filter really sets this track off imo.Drums are nice..bass is nice...like the bongos? toward the middle of the track too that pan around the stereo field.

KD:Not sure what the vocals are saying but the track sounds nice and upbeat and I like it.
Mike:This track is nice man...Id throw a bass in there and post just to see...but you might be right about it not needing it but Im not sure....either way though love the feel of the track.

I like this...synths are evil as always...hats sound nice...like the filter work...the only thing I would do would be to make he baseline heavier or with more bottom end but thats just my opinion good track though :)

Heres a track I made a few days ago...

fellin the drum pattern. your samples are super smooth with the reverb. in my opinion tho, i wouldve added a base line.. like that track tho keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online