Showcase - March 3-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UncleJoe

@ ILL THOUGHT: A hip hop nocturne! I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. Just a suggestion, a thick Hammond organ would sound dope instead of the strings when those horns come in around the middle section.

I played the guitar and provided the rhymes, but everything else is samples. If you're offended that its not really hip hop, all I can say is that I'm more into the Happy Mondays and Durutti Column (OG Manchester experimental guitar band) than most hip hop at the mo, but I've also been listening to a lot of The Mac and Mac Dre, so that prolly influenced me at the back of my mind while writing this. Anyways, at least its not a hot mess, more like an ellis di-saster, so share a noble prize if you hate it

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Hi Ill Thought, I like the track. it seems like the mix is off a little, maybe less snare more kick? Also it would be cool to change up the drum pattern from time to time. Nice work man!

@Uncle Joe Not sure about this one, it seems like it may need a little more direction. Maybe give it a beat in a few places, I really like the vibe though. Are you going for more of a flylo type of thing?

Anyway, here is my contribution, kind of a fun electro track. Not really meant for vocals or anything.

kdanger

@ thedreampolice - I like this it's pretty chill and atmospheric. could be on a level of a video game or something! good stuff man.
Sorry only one feed, my work comp doesnt show many links.. anywayz!

Check me out lemm know what you think! Always open for collabs and feedback!

http://soundcloud.com/k-dangerous

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
@ unclejoe it sounds artistic it could work for other projects like film and sound experiments.
@ dreampolice i thought it was pretty cool it does sound like it should be with a video game tho.
@ ill thought It has a sad hip hop feel reminds me of a Rap and R&B track from meth and mary j "all that i got is you"
so it got that type of vibe to it. other than that i thought it was well constructed.

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
I built this beat around vocals but i think the vocals are too high i mixed it down only once from 256kb to 320kb on high quality and exported to mp3 but there are 2 instruments i would like to be higher.

J

jjeppersonbeats

@Frankie Perez I like the tempo change, I think people should utilize it more, instrumentals need to be slightly louder as you said, drums seem loud enough.
@thedreampolice Great production, and I like the video.

Fist beat ive made with this chord changeup, it kinda has a spacey feel to it in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online