Showcase - March 28 - April 3, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first drill beat that sounds like a drill beat..

@Sole Element Dont know if you was going for the real lofi sound but its really missing a lot of low end.
At first I was waiting for a second set of drums to come in over the top but it never happened.
Drums sound really dirty, id trim a lot off the bottom of that hi hat personally.
Same again for the second, really bad mix all around. The changeup gets a bit repetitive.
On the third, this is sonically more pleasing has a brighter high end, still lacking a lot of low though.
Overall these could really bang with a nice mix. Bring that bass out of the kick and get the sub going on that bass. Just to make use of the whole frequency spectrum.

Last edited:
@2GooD Productions, 1st one, good work on the vocals, smooth sample, horn sounds great and enjoying the un-quantised drum patterns

2nd - drum and bass now onto drill! Testing out many genres right now. I like this and has that expected drill darkness to it. The subby bass ‘808’ sound sets the tone. Keys and flute nice

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown

@Sole Element Dont know if you was going for the real lofi sound but its really missing a lot of low end.
At first I was waiting for a second set of drums to come in over the top but it never happened.
Drums sound really dirty, id trim a lot off the bottom of that hi hat personally.
Same again for the second, really bad mix all around. The changeup gets a bit repetitive.
On the third, this is sonically more pleasing has a brighter high end, still lacking a lot of low though.
Overall these could really bang with a nice mix. Bring that bass out of the kick and get the sub going on that bass. Just to make use of the whole frequency spectrum.

That first beat is dope! Nice mellow vibes. I like the swing on the drums, snare sounds a little "heavy" to my taste. Simple but effective bass line. In the mix, maybe the 200-300hz range of the bass line sounds a little louder (Like the bass starts ringing or buzzing.. Don't know how to explain it, but the cheaper headphones/playbacks are prone to this.) If I hear it on my own projects I tend to put a roll off EQ on the bass to the low-mid side.

Second beat sounds good. Nailed the mix on this one. The instruments on this sound a little random, but maybe that's the genre (don't know much about drill lol).

Otaavetti

Whatsupppp Been a sec since i been on the forum but ima try be more consistent! Onto the feedback:

@2GooD Productions Really like the first track, feel like you nailed the vocal and the insrtuments compliment each other well, really like it, chill vibe. Second not such a big fan of, feel like for drill it's got be a bit more heavier, feel's a lil weak.

@TWU Love the changeups and like DJ Iceman said, good bounce!

@Dj Iceman I love mobb deep with all my heart man, quite like your remix too man, only gripe would be is it's quite quiet so a lil turning up in volume would be good!

nikwen

ILLIEN

Thing I made for stones throw, too bad I missed the deadline...

The strings are really nice. Definitely unique and not something I've heard on a beat before. I also like how much space you left on the beat for the rapper. The boombap drums provide a very clear rhythm that makes rapping to it really easy. I think that due to the rhythm it's also particularly well-suited for freestyling. More than most beats!

Reactions: TWU

nikwen

ILLIEN
I was actually bored when I wrote this and wanted to Do a Visual lofi type art style with this hope y'all like

A nice and chill lo-fi beat to sit back and relax to (unless you're Chris Rock, of course). I wish it sounded a bit brighter, it came out a bit muffled through my speakers. Maybe during some parts of the beat add keys an octave up and add some treble? Because the piano melody was great! The drums were also solid.

nikwen

ILLIEN

Never expected you to get into drill to be honest. Sounds like a drill beat though!

I think the 808 could be a lot more aggressive if you wanted to match the current UK drill style. Maybe also add more of a rough edge to the melody since it seems pretty soft compared to most drill beats which seem to be on the harder side.

Anyway, got my head bopping to the beat! I really like the sound selection on the drums. Good job!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
My bad on the late feedback

@2GooD Productions i really like the first beat the only thing I would change is the “I got five on it” vocal it is out of tune. The second beat I’m not feeling as much as the first but I do love that bass you used. Mixes are good and clean like always.
@Dj Iceman love the classic sound on the first and I’m really feelin the remix!! Straight fire

Last edited:

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5

The first beat is sampled from a great R & B song. Your drum game is on point as always. Great work.

Can't say too much about the drill track as I really don't know much about drill music. But the drums are definitely on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.