Showcase - March 25-31, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommetass

What up took a little break, here we go for the week!

I like the bell-type arpeggio or synthpad and bassline after the intro. The melodies are nice throughout. I think perhaps too much is going on after a while.. It feels like too many synths and sounds. The drums could maybe use some work, and I think I like the break-drums with the reverb more than the first beat. The theme overall is good though. I think you got something nice going on here.

I made a beat yesterday. I'm not finished yet, I'm looking into some different drum kits, and I'm working on rearranging it. I would love some feedback.

EDIT: New version as of march 26th:

Last edited:

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
@Matt-D great instrumental. I like the sound selections and progressions of the track.

@tommetass i like your drum selections. A little alteration on the arrangement, as you mentioned wouldn't hurt. I think the melody is a bit loud in the mix, overpowering the drums a bit, but thats just my opinion. Still sounds pretty cool overall.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Here is a collab i did a few weeks ago. the youtube audio quality is a little low (export mistakes on my part). All CC welcome.

Battle Points: 30
Hey all, I'm new, if you wish to know a bit more about me I made an introduction post. This is my first feedback post, hope it helps.

@Matt-D Awesome athmosphere you created there, I'm loving the bells with the delay on it. All the sounds just fall together like a puzzle, great job. There is one thing tho that came to mind. The synth(like) sound that comes in at 2:40 has a bit of a fuzz (don't know how to say it better) in the higher frequencies. It sounds cool with the signals that are active at that point, but at 3:05 that vocal-ish sound stops, leaving that synth alone for a while with just the bass and the drums. Slightly disturbing the athmosphere. It's a very minor thing, nothing wrong with the amplitude or notes, just the higher frequencies of that sound... it's all I can think of. Might just be a matter of taste. Also want to point out that the piano (I'm a piano lover) is doing a great job as a melodic foundation.

@tommetass Just like Matt-D, an awesome athmosphere! There is something about the chords of that digital piano (the one you hear from the start) though. They (the notes) sound a bit mysterious, like something is going to happen, while the rest of the track sounds like everything is gonna be alright, hope you can do something with that. It sounds good with the rest of the sounds though. The sounds you chose for your track work very well together, good job on that bro. You say you are looking for another drum kit and rearranging, I think the drums are doing a great job. They sound well, little variation yes, but someone once told me to KISS (keep it simple stupid).The synth that comes in at 0:43 contributes alot to the overall melody, very well placed, and nice job on that electric guitar! That melody is godlike.

@Beaubeats Good job on the arrangement of your track, it really builds up power to 0:52 when that sound gets filtered . Though I would like to hear more power and maybe (matter of taste) sooner.
Perhaps you can add a more active bass to your track instead of the one you have. For example I hear the bass every kick, maybe it would be cool to hear that bass 2 more times before the second clap (sorry I'm a bit of a noob in hiphop dunno how to measure in bars/beats). The thing I like most of this track is the melody that you filter at 0:52, I'm banging my head to that, and I'm totally digging the rimshots

Did my best, hope I gave you something to work on. Feel free to PM me anytime bros, awesome beats so far. Keep delivering.

Battle Points: 30
Now for my track...
This is I think the best, if not one of the best, I've ever made. Im totally digging this track. Help me out of my dreams. Anything that comes to mind, be it a matter of taste or factual, I want to hear it.
The idea was a dangerous sounding track, with ofcourse a lyricist on it from 0:47.
Thanks in advance.
PS Work in progress

Last edited:

IGYSIX

I like the bell-type arpeggio or synthpad and bassline after the intro. The melodies are nice throughout. I think perhaps too much is going on after a while.. It feels like too many synths and sounds. The drums could maybe use some work, and I think I like the break-drums with the reverb more than the first beat. The theme overall is good though. I think you got something nice going on here.

I made a beat yesterday. I'm not finished yet, I'm looking into some different drum kits, and I'm working on rearranging it. I would love some feedback.

I like this alot great job

IGYSIX

Now for my track...
This is I think the best, if not one of the best, I've ever made. Im totally digging this track. Help me out of my dreams. Anything that comes to mind, be it a matter of taste or factual, I want to hear it.
The idea was a dangerous sounding track, with ofcourse a lyricist on it from 0:47.
Thanks in advance.
PS Work in progress

i love the keys they on point and strings make it come together

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Beaubeats I am loving the way that kick knocks!! You also did a great job of arranging it like having drops and picking back up again. And your hats sound nice and crispy, I also love the sound selection great job!!
@JorgeRamosBeats I like this beat the only thing I would have liked to hear is a change-up I think it would have gave it some more thunder, but I think it would sound good with a lyricist
@tommetass I love this mellow vibe you have with this beat! Got that foreign exchange kind of vibe to me, would go perfect with a nice singer. Way to keep it clean also!!
@IGYSIX I think this would go really good with a game soundtrack, sounds good. The drums could be mixed in a little better and a shorter intro but I like the direction it's headed.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats

Does this beat sound strong enough (imagine a lyricist on it)? Was thinking of adding a main melody but had a hard time trying that. Let me know what you think.
I think there is plenty of room for a rapper, and probably doesn't need much else in the verses. Maybe bring that intro melody back for the chorus. It has a great energy to it. I can hear someone going bananas on it.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Listen to THE cODE by ;IGYSIX #np on #SoundCloud

Am 8 off beat and does mastering sound good

Sounds pretty solid. At the one minute mark, if it were me, I would pull the vocals out of center just a little more to fill in space on the outside. Maybe even just for the end of the bars. Maybe a little louder there too. Overall it sounds good.

Kod4R

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 19
@Matt-D that's great chill beat! i fckn love it!
@JorgeRamosBeats Lurker V1 is so dope beat bro, i like how you chopped that samples, that's a great vibe! keep it up!
The Clockwork V1 sounds so gangsta! i love it!

Here is my latest beat done, i sampled some Macedonian evergreen song, played a bit with it parts, and here is what i've done! Hope you'll like it!
Nothing here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.