Showcase - March 14-20, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hers a little something Im working on. Still trying to come up with a change up for the second verse.

Feedback on the way....

@Dj Iceman Dope scratching, it really does make all the difference. Dope story telling beat about back in the days growing up. The live performance is a nice touch too. What have you got in that vape? I hope its the good stuff

@Sole Element The love within. For some reason this is giving me SWV "Right Here" vibes. Real chill beat.

@hosie damn this beat takes me right back to the 90's. This shit got me bouncing. Dope.
Gone Diggin. This beat is fucking dope, not feeling the hook part so much, seems a little disjointed from the rest. This emcee has shades of Busta Rhymes to his style.

@InsideOutBeats I agree with @hosie Once you find swing its a game changer, I used fully quantized drums with some swing for a very long time, Ive only recently started tapping out the drums. Some of them quotes had me laughing, especially the eddie bravo jack russell part. Laughing is infectious. Overall it would make for a great interlude beat, maybe a bit shorter for that though.

@Humble_Minds_ Really like the feel and atmosphere of this. Stays interesting in its simplicity, love the flute.

Last edited:

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Just dusted off another remix. This time it's one of my favourites - Oxygen - Gone Diggin'.

Nothing here yet.
dope blend bro.. i do those also.. its important that vocals not only match but the beat be dope, and sound like something said mc would rhyme on .. mission accomplished in my opinion.. peace

Finally home from work, put a little beat together everything played on the pads with zero quantise this time.

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe><div style="font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc;line-break: anywhere;word-break: normal;overflow: hidden;white-space: nowrap;text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: Interstate,Lucida Grande,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans,Garuda,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif;font-weight: 100;"><a href="https://soundcloud.com/user-917368287" title="InsideOut" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">InsideOut</a> · <a href="" title="Rumble in the Jungle.wav" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">Rumble in the Jungle.wav</a></div>

Will catch up with those I haven’t heard soon and I have no clue as to why it’s embedding twice

Last edited:
After listening to all the oldskool instrumentals in the other thread I decided to make a real throwback beat.

Been a productive night, there is a part 2..

@InsideOutBeats its having trouble because you are posting an embed code instead of just the url of the track on soundcloud.
The forum software transforms links automatically, embed code messes it up.

Rumble In The Jungle. Try panning some sounds, everything seems to be coming from the middle except the hi hats, try to get a melody and a counter melody and pan them so they can play off of each other. Id pan the organ stabs and then add a counter melody on the other side to add some depth.

@Dj Iceman Nautilus. This is really smooth, almost wouldnt know it was nautilus until the obvious part comes in. Really like the variations, they all sound dope.
Heres my rite of passage, we had a battle a while back to flip it.

Magic hummer. Yooo, this beat is dope as fuck. That fucking snare.

Last edited:

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@hosie thanks bro!! Yeah everything is good just took a little break.
@2GooD Productions i liked warface because of how well balanced it is. Sounds very clean and nothing clashes with each other and the vocals were a nice touch.
@InsideOutBeats yo those drums are knockin!! That’s got a real nice bounce to it and not using quantize on your drums gives it a great touch, you timed them very well

Made an extra one for the week would like to hear what y’all think

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
nah. i run a 3.5 aux cord from my interface (Komplete audio One) with a splitter from the headphone jack straight to my android phone. and i usually post straight from the phone. if i want to get more involved i use the Zoom Q2N camera and run audio straight through from the interface to the camera
Heard some great things about the zoom. I have a couple usb interfaces, I'll def try that out. Ty , so much. Have a blessed day my friend. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online