Showcase - March 1-7, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Marc Duncan nice work pal

@Rah.sool really like it. The break works well with the rhythm of the sample, I like how it drops in i couldn't improve on that. The bridge at 36 is nice but the other sample at 43 didn't really do it for me and send to fudge back into the beat where maybe a moment of silence before doing back in could reignite it. I'm not certain on this, but taking a little reverb out of the snare cd help.

Try this on for size, not strictly hip hop but the techniques are i guess

Listen to n0m0liz0 by DefByMisadventure on #SoundCloud

@Marc Duncan - like the xylophone sound, nice vibrato. Good use of bass, nice to have bits without. Hi Hat rhythm is a bit staccato, more flowing one I would prefer. Nice and chill, don't know who G Herbo is so can't say if it fits that style but nice work.

@Rah.sool - agree bit too much reverb on snare, sounds industrial. Like the main sample, I think it gives the track a cool vibe and fits with the drums well. Hi hat quite sharp lower the volume. The song has no bass, is this intentional?

@nottr - I listened to this a few weeks back. Love it, got that Daft Punk vibe, like I'm in a french discoteque. Cocaine house.

@OMAR. - really cool 90s track. Definitely nailed that 90's sound. Really like the instruments you choose.

Flip G

Nzyte
Another shot at perfection lol...well I'm practicing the singing and a new track... like before please leave any helpful advice... thanks ya'll

-------------------------------------------
@Marc Duncan - sounds like a memories type of record, this would be great on J.Cole or someone lyrical...808 is dope and the mix sounds clean too...nice job

@Rah.sool - the sample instrumentation is really nice, I love the vocal sample too (I'm a sucker for hip hop sh*t)... this sounds like a roc-a-fella type of record with state property... good work

@OMAR. - love this sample too.. this is a super cool hip hop track... I know yeezy used it but this has a cooler bounce in my opinion... dope

@Face Valid - sounds like the 90's in a good way, loved the beat change... I would like to hear redman on this... a real wordsmith with humor... that video of the beat is dope too

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Rah.sool this is really damn good. i rly like the sound of the snare has a nice vibe to it too, with those pads

@OMAR. rly relaxing to listen too, enjoyed it a lot, the delay on those hats is neat

@XIS rly like the instrumentation and that bass is sexy as hell really well composed my fave part is from 1:48 to like 2:38 ur flow there fits perfectly

@Face Valid has a cool vibe with a hint of funk, i like the piano just playing licks over it thats cool sounds rly rly good, nice mix too

been trying to get better at boom bap, hre's one i made lemme know what u guys think :)

Delta_Nine

F*** UR MIX
@Face Valid aw man, This is so good. My fave part is around 1:35 where you switched it up and added that distorted vibe type noise. Super dope. The bassline reminds me of preemo (cant remember the title) where he uses the clav.
@OMAR. Classic. Love the swing on the kick drum. The sax sample is just butter. Great work, g.
@Crispifier love the bended bassline. You can here a hiss/dust whatever you wanna call it, in the opening phrase. Whenever I hear illiens use this my ear perks a bit. Love that dirtiness. No gripes here, sounds nice, g.

@XIS - good singing, sometimes the rhythm could be tighter with some of the phrasing. I think pitch was good for most part.The rap section at 1.49 is good and gives new interest. The vocals run throughout the song, I think a break at some point would be good, it's quite dense. The vocals in the last part I would take out. Good backing track.

@Crispifier - like the music ideas, nice string and brass melody. I think the drums sound too polished and I want a bigger snare! Drum rhythm is nice. The stutters are cool. Really decent track overall like it!

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@nottr Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on that sample chop and snare reverb/processing. Your song is sweet bro. Really creative chopping on this here! Good shit

@OMAR. Real clean work dude! Love the simplicity of it and that saxophone sample fits perfectly, just like SWBAT.

@Face Valid Thanks for the feedback. Yea I think I need to work on how I process drums. And I intentionally left out a bassline, I just boosted the bass from the sample in eq. As for your song, this is super clean bro. Has a nice sway to it and reminds me of Damu the Fudgemunk. Fantastic

@XIS Nice job bro! I really like the horns on this track. Nice job!

@Crispifier Really clean work bro. I like the melody and vocal accents on this. Track has clean vibe to it. Good stuff.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
@Marc Duncan Good stuff man! This is beyond chill. good vibes on this here

Here's my latest beat. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated. Feedback on MIXING in particular would be great!

Nice vibe, I like it! The reverb makes everything sounds a little blurry, this is caused especially by the lows and mids that are stacking up. When I put a delay on drums, I filter out most of the lows and mids, keep the reverb tight and clear (more like a studio room). I've also noticed that the 3(?) kicks at the end of each pattern are somewhat robotic. Velocity and/or attack on the last kick of a pattern (or the ones right before another) usually makes drums more dynamic. Consider 'widen up' the shaker instead of 'ping pong' it from left to right (in the stereo image).

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown

Very smooth! Few things to consider: The second hihat is raw and present in the mix, is that intentional? The beat has a smooth vibe to it but the hihat used sounds a bit raw and gives a counter effect. There's a little bell or beep in the background throughout the track that get's a little repetitive. If you bypass it and listen again, do you miss it or does it have to be in?

again @OMAR. -spill the beans man, the sax sample-wheres it from?
@Crispifier enjoyed this-really liked the triplet-but then you kept repeatin it.
@XIS whos the bird in the vid? the bet was nice, big fan of the organ-you've a decent voice-glad you didnt overdo the autotune.

@RayDaChef for some reason i can;t find your beat....

guys indulge me for 5 minutes here-i'm struggling to master shiz on my EP and it's not EXACTLY hip hop-but have a gander and throw me a few tips eh please

here's 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.