Showcase - July 28 - August 3, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carne

Battle Points: 4
Posted this one on a saturday two weeks ago, made changes, here is the close to finished version

Nothing here yet.

@The Messengah - first beat is fucking tight, nice old school jazzy samples, always works with me.

@The Messengah - second one is nice too, the vocal sample works really well, the other samples too, and the arrangement is nice and diverse if there's anything to say is maybe the beats are slightly too simple but they work well and don't overpower everything so well done! What did you sample for the vocals btw?

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8

WOW, this beat definitely has potential. It has that Pete Rock vibe, once you fix the pause glitches in the track, and also ease up on the reverb on that snare. I'm not a huge fan of reverb period, since you can't recreate the same effect during a live set (be it while on the mic spitting or playing live instrumentation).

I would like to hear this track with a dry snare, and also turn down the volume level on the hi hats a few notches, fix the glitches, and you'll have a tight beat here.

I'm not a huge fan of drum breaks, but I did this one to show that it's too simple to use a drum break and match the bpm of it to the sample to make a beat:

Nothing here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this one on a saturday two weeks ago, made changes, here is the close to finished version

Nothing here yet.

@The Messengah - first beat is fucking tight, nice old school jazzy samples, always works with me.

@The Messengah - second one is nice too, the vocal sample works really well, the other samples too, and the arrangement is nice and diverse if there's anything to say is maybe the beats are slightly too simple but they work well and don't overpower everything so well done! What did you sample for the vocals btw?
thx for the feedback and the compliments. If I can get at least one kat to nod they head, then I did my job.
the sample in which you are referring to is Andwella - World's End. Really great track in my opinion.

WOW, this beat definitely has potential. It has that Pete Rock vibe, once you fix the pause glitches in the track, and also ease up on the reverb on that snare. I'm not a huge fan of reverb period, since you can't recreate the same effect during a live set (be it while on the mic spitting or playing live instrumentation).

I would like to hear this track with a dry snare, and also turn down the volume level on the hi hats a few notches, fix the glitches, and you'll have a tight beat here.
yeah man I often battle with myself on whether to add reverb with certain drums. I will take our advice and see what a dry snare is like. thanks for listening!!!

I'm not a huge fan of drum breaks, but I did this one to show that it's too simple to use a drum break and match the bpm of it to the sample to make a beat:

Nothing here yet.
your track doesn't play. is there any other way I can peep those beats?

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Check my beats page on my profile

Erik

Nothing here yet.

That beat 35 snippet is great. It has space and a bunch of small, subtle sounds complimenting the melody. The fade in of the break was nice as was the bar when you let the break drop out.

Here's a rough draft of a beat that I made recently. Still figuring out an intro/outro.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Thanks for the love, really. I do welcome constructive criticism, because I'm hungry to grow as a beat maker.

Nothing here yet.

You took a hell of a risk by starting the track out with an 808 bassline...I'll give you props for that. Overall, the track is too open and I'm not a huge fan of the 808 sound, since EVERYBODY is playing it out (again). Not really sure what sound you're going for here, but something is definitely missing from this track.

Here's a rough draft of a beat that I made recently. Still figuring out an intro/outro.

YOOOOOOOOOO, the second I heard this track, I thought XZIBIT! This track definitely captures that west coast vibe with a hint of underground. Good job, duke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online