Showcase - July 20-22, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Djordje this shit is hard bro...really feeling it.
D-Mos, pretty dope. The hats are a little loud 4 me, I could hear nas on a track like this all day.
Highbrid - some spooky shit , I playd this game back when i was like 7 called "zombies ate my neighbors" reminds me of it 4 some reason lol. The instrumentation n everything sounds good, mix is a little rough but other than that I'm digging it.

Alright I'm trying something new. No clue what genre this would be or if it would fall under one at all. I was talking to Sidney Swift n he was critiquing my music, kind of giving me some advice and then I went str8 to the lab n threw this together:

@Aaron That beat sounds like something that would be on Legend of Zelda, like the flutes and shit. But it sounds like a mix of some electronic shit. Kind of pop-ish. Clean tho.
Also what do you mean by the mix sounding rough? It sounds good to me. It's got a lot of different sounds together but to me it goes together well.

Another beat since I've been poppin' em off left and right the past couple days.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
@Aaron That beat sounds like something that would be on Legend of Zelda, like the flutes and shit. But it sounds like a mix of some electronic shit. Kind of pop-ish. Clean tho.
Also what do you mean by the mix sounding rough? It sounds good to me. It's got a lot of different sounds together but to me it goes together well.

Another beat since I've been poppin' em off left and right the past couple days.

When I said rough I meant it's real busy and a lot of the elements get lost on the hook IMO. I like what you're doing w/ it but even the bass has a lot of high frequencies (which isn't always bad but in this case it's interfering w/ the synths for me), I'd make the bass more distinct n cut out the highs of it, n play with the higher frequency synths to sit a little better in there.

When I said rough I meant it's real busy and a lot of the elements get lost on the hook IMO. I like what you're doing w/ it but even the bass has a lot of high frequencies (which isn't always bad but in this case it's interfering w/ the synths for me), I'd make the bass more distinct n cut out the highs of it, n play with the higher frequency synths to sit a little better in there.
Oh, okay yea I gotchu bro. I know that beat is pretty busy but that was one of the few trap beats I've made and I'm just starting to play with different shit on FL. And yea I like heavy bass that bumps.

HzBeast BLG

Battle Points: 1
@H1GHBRID Yo this beat is dope bruh. I like these keyz and bassline but i think hats are too loud.
Check my oldschool sampled shit out!

Last edited:

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
@Djordje - where are you from? you got that west coast vibe down. good track.

@D-Mos - i like this track. like the said before, i would turn the hats down a little.

@H1GHBRID_INST. - sounds like you've got the technique down. just work on the mix a little more.

@Ayron Thelen - i can hear this being played in a club, on some rave type shit. the only thing i don't like about it is that lex luger sounding rising synth, and that's just because everybody is using it these days. other than that, tight work.

@HzBeast BLG - i like that bassline. sample fits nicely

@HzBeast BLG ; I love the sound to that beat, everything fits nicely, I like the 90's vibe to it. Good shit
Also another one I made last night, I think I got the mix down pretty solid on this one. Let me know tho.

and also I was wondering, can you only post one beat on each thread? Cause I feel like i'm blowin this shit up but I haven't heard much feedback on really any of the beats i've made in the past 3 months so I'm just taking advantage of this thread.

HzBeast BLG

Battle Points: 1
@Ayron Thelen This beat sound like these beatz from Bounce FM in San Andreas. 80s. I dont listen to that kinda music but its well done no doubt.
@H1GHBRID_INST. Its cool no false and bangin but almost nothin but drums and arps. You should add you own melody to make it more unique I think.
Check my fast oldschool beat out.

Im not sure about this bass, what yall think?

@HzBeast BLG, I usually don't use arps cause to me it seems like they're used often by a lot of people, I just liked the way it sounded. And that beats coo, it goes together well but repetitive, but that's how a lot of old school beats are anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.