Showcase - July 11-17, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@NONONSENSEBEATS : I really like the sample, it gives off that classy vibe that you hinted at in the title. I think the drum loop can be mixed better to fit more with the sample in a spatial sense. It sounds like there are in different spaces in the mix. Good job overall though.

@Koey :This beat is dope. I like the use of the tape stop effect, the timbre of the bass, and how you chopped the sample. I thought the four on the floor kick was interesting, at first it threw me off but then it made more sense as I listened to it transition to a less aggressive drum pattern. What inspired that?

Here is my beat. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Nothing here yet.

Kevlar070

Battle Points: 5
@NONONSENSEBEATS Drums could use some mixing but idea with the sample sounds cool.
@Koey Beat sounds cool. Lacks a bit of focus on what type of genre it is but it doesnt lack in out of the box thinking.
@Chad Bass is cool but I think some notes are overlapping, and causing a bit of phasing. If that was on purpose then I respect it. Beat pattern hi-hats to me sounds dope.

Thanx in advance for any feedback!!

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@NONONSENSEBEATS - Beat is cool. I like the live sound of the drum samples you used. I wish they were a little more in the forefront or had some more thump to them. Not sure if that was the vibe you were going for or not.

@Chad - Not really sure to be honest lol. I was just messing around with it. It just felt right when it came about and sounded decent so I went with it. Listening to your beat...all the elements you've got going on don't really mesh well for me. There's a lot going on in the beat at the same time and they each seem to have a different cadence. It makes a bit hard to follow.

@Kevlar070 - That 808 is thumpin. Drums sound clean. I like the addition of the vocal sample. The instrumentation sounds a bit stiff to me as I'm listening to it. Not sure if it's a sample or if you played it yourself, but it just sounds stiff/unnatural.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
Thanks for the feedback y'all. know the mix is shitty lol. I havent messed with that yet. Just wanted some thoughts on the overall layout and feel of it.
@Koey yo I think this beats dope. Like I said, that come in is super dope to me bro.
@Chad That shit kinda evil (which I dig) but, I feel like some of te tones are fighting with each other.
@Kevlar070 I pretty much agree with what Koey had to say bout it.

TheRealAGE

Bout to give everyone some honest feedback. Don't take it personally if I sound harsh haha I'm just gonna keep it real.

@NONONSENSEBEATS that sample is dope. I like the way it loops. I do not like the drums at all. You need some hard hitting boom bap drums. The bassline is okay. But the drum swing needs to be different for this sample. Keep working.

@Koey Tag is annoying lol I like the beat tho. The drop is nice. I like the sample chops. And I like the surrounding elements added. The bass clashes with the kick tho. You need some EQ work in the low end. This is unique as fuck tho. I like that the most. It sounds original.

@Chad not a fan of the rhythm. It does not have me noddin' my head. The mix sounds crowded as well. It applaud the attempt at an all original beat but the sounds are very basic. It feels like "Mayhem" but not in a good way unfortunately. Keep working.

@KevLar I really like the 808. The lead synth is a bit basic. The sample is cool. Mix could use work overall. Sounds like a like your mid/lows are crowded. Let your drums stand out a bit more over the other sounds as well. I would turn down all the faders and just re-level everything.

Here is my new beat. Been a while since I posted in this thread but I've been dropping all kinds of stuff. Let me know what you guys think.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Kevlar070 : Really digging the bass, and the keys offer a nice contrast when you bring them in and out. Vocal sample also adds a nice character to the beat.

@TheRealAGE : I liked how you structured the beat, specifically the changing instrumentation and the sample fit well with the drums. Overall great mix. Good job.

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@TheRealAGE - Lol I've been rockin with that tag for awhile. Can't change it up now. Appreciate the feedback. I was having trouble clearing up space in the low end with the bass, kick, and 808 all there. Wasn't really sure how to make room for all 3.

Listening to your beat...the sample is dope. Not sure if those organs are a part of the sample or not but I think they could come up some more. The mix is clean. I feel like there's something missing to the beat when I listen to it though. Like 1 extra element that could help really capture the vibe that the track is giving off. I feel like something airy/atmospheric would fit in really nicely with this. Give that beat some more low end!

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
Damn y'all really dont like them drums huh lol...I'll try to beef them up a bit. Thanks for the feedback though. Thats why I put shit that I know has potential to be dope but has something I dont like about it on here so I can gather opinions to help me make the beats what they could be. Y'all are appreciated.

Last edited:

KZA

Prada Don
@TheRealAGE Dope as always.
@Kevlar070 I fuck with it. The 808 sounds nice and I like the extra bounce that come with the hi hat pattern.
@NONONSENSEBEATS Really dope. I think the drums could be a little more punchier tho.
@Koey Really nice beat. Especially the bass, it gives the beat a jazzy funky type feel later on if you know what I mean. It's really dope.

anarchos

First day making music after breaking my wrist skateboarding, don't like typing with my broken wrist so no feedback today, sorry guys.

Would like to hear what you think:

Status
Not open for further replies.