Showcase - January 8-14, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42

Technically, I would like to unpack this box you put this track in and set free. Too much limiting and compression on everything. I hear the drums compress in a group and on the individual tracks, then a separate track with the shakers compress, a lot of eq, compression on the vocals and then slapping a deEsser on it...I could be wrong but I think you add some distortion or more eq after that, because I hear the hi freq wanting to shrill out but gets pulled back. My advise would be to stay away from presets for now and play with atk and release on the compressor, use atk till you here the punch coming back in and release till it stops swelling up and let it breath. Think of compression as a tool for dynamic control when something gets too load then too low, u can balance it with taste, or when you want more aggression slow the atk. More relaxed, speed the atk. Your painting a picture. You know what brush to use for a thin line and one for a thick line etc. Know your tools, I read an article or saw a video from Fade about having to much plugins and I couldn't agree more, your Plugins and gear should grow with your knowledge in engineering. I made this mistakes a lot in the past. Now all my stuff I have on my website was done mostly with stock plugins and mix with laptop and headphones only...because thats all I need for the income that I receive, When I make more money, then I'll invest in monitors, converters, clocks, acoustics, floating floors etc etc hehe. my point, its all on you not your amount of stuff. Wow!! I just realize how huge this message is, I love sharing. I wish that could've been done for me in the past.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42

Technically, I would like to unpack this box you put this track in and set free. Too much limiting and compression on everything. I hear the drums compress in a group and on the individual tracks, then a separate track with the shakers compress, a lot of eq, compression on the vocals and then slapping a deEsser on it...I could be wrong but I think you add some distortion or more eq after that, because I hear the hi freq wanting to shrill out but gets pulled back. My advise would be to stay away from presets for now and play with atk and release on the compressor, use atk till you here the punch coming back in and release till it stops swelling up and let it breath. Think of compression as a tool for dynamic control when something gets too load then too low, u can balance it with taste, or when you want more aggression slow the atk. More relaxed, speed the atk. Your painting a picture. You know what brush to use for a thin line and one for a thick line etc. Know your tools, I read an article or saw a video from Fade about having to much plugins and I couldn't agree more, your Plugins and gear should grow with your knowledge in engineering. I made this mistakes a lot in the past. Now all my stuff I have on my website was done mostly with stock plugins and mix with laptop and headphones only...because thats all I need for the income that I receive, When I make more money, then I'll invest in monitors, converters, clocks, acoustics, floating floors etc etc hehe. my point, its all on you not your amount of stuff. Wow!! I just realize how huge this message is, I love sharing. I wish that could've been done for me in the past.

JC.A

Battle Points: 2
Nice beat Marc Duncan. I think the hihats sounds harsh like it's not clear. Overall, smooth beat.
This was the Beat Ive made all week before the Yearly Beat This Competition, of Nov. 2017, Ive submitted on ILL here, to hope for a spot to earn the entrance, of the battle. Only to, not qualifying the battle cut, to showcase a few arts of mine. Which, honestly I was a little disappointed with time being spent to and sacrificed days with missing a few days of a somewhat, important life events just to make music LOL. I wanted to make a "sampled like sound beat" from scratch from sound design, with out using any samples of any sort, instead of composing my own sounds chords mastering ect. With a blend of "HipHop/Trapish new/old school feel mashed in one. The Percussion's were BANGING and Hits so nice in a sound system set up sounding crispy, along with it i believe sounds apart from some trending styles. This one may not be everyone's taste. If you take time to listen, some will tell, that ive put some effort to experiment with. Seems like alot going on, but really, Ive tested a few acapellas, to test, and DAYUM! lol! Works well. Anyways, Criticize away! :D .. Here is "Jadakiss Type Beat"

Here are some old stuff from 2006 to 09 that haven't had a play or view in years, thats needing some loving :) My old allies name, ("IceyKong)
Cant believe how fast time fly's :O Will showcase many more of all types soon that needs some attention. Feel free to Criticize away!

A couple 2006 Bangers I produced, when Lil Jon was trending at that time, who inspired me to try a few of his style beat. Not too shabby, hearing old product resurrected in over 10 years lol. Feed Back Away! :D
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=5601187&q=hi&newref=1
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=5228925&q=hi&newref=1

A Gangsta beat ive created on Dec 3rd 2006 lol.. Free Download!
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=4736173&q=hi&newref=1

Lil wayne type Made in 2008 Sept 23 FREE PROMOTIONAL USE (PLEASE CREDIT *APEMADE*)aka IceyKong
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=6915971&q=hi&newref=1

STAY BLESSED EVERYONE! HAPPY LATE NEW YEARS! :wtf::up2::biggrin:

Well... It definitely sounds like a sampled beat like the old Hip-Hop kind of groove. Noice one :up2:

JC.A

Hey guys I'd appreciate some feedback on this track I made a couple days ago.

I see you're trying to achieve an aggressive trap feel here, I don't feel it. The beat sounds flat like it lacks atmosphere and some elements to be 'aggressive'. Good thing is that it sounds clean. The beat also sounds like a old/modern Hip-Hop beat in my opinion.

Keep workin' man! We'll get there soon...

JC.A

@ApeMade This is very creative and i'm really loving those drums. Way to keep the momentum going!!
@Joe You also did a very good job with the drums and i'm really feeling the sample it really goes with the drums and visual.

Likin' the vibe on this one... It's like I can hear this remix as a background music for a cinematic vlog. Noice one :biggrin::up2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online