Showcase - February 1-7, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@2GooD Productions Dig all of these, dude. I'm partial to several movements in tracks, so all of these are dope for having their own moments within the tracks. Everything sits in the mix well, too.

@The Thrillz "Victory" is a great track. Bass line is killer. Key melody is great. Filter drop at 2:30 is clean. Also really dig the hh in this track. Thought it maybe sounded too busy at first, but I think it helps keep the track moving. Great stuff.

@XIS "no where to turn" Love this track. If you're looking for suggestions, I'd say the kick needs to be bumped up. Drums in general feel a little hidden. That said, I love the bass line & all the synth work. Lots of movement, lots of energy. Dig the hell out of it.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@rek- like how musical this is, really nice mix too you have an interesting choice of sounds enjoyed it a lot the piano especially was good since it hit somewhat unexpected notes, yeah i like it its kinda of lofi but with a bit of a twist very nice man

@clydecartertex keep wanting a hook, its a bit out there for my tastes but cool choice of sounds i like the delay on the snare at the end think its just a personal thing cuz some people weill definitly enjoy this spaced out sound

@jafar4000 i'll be brutally honest with you, i dont like the style of your beats they sound far too messy for me... unlike @clydecartertex who has a little structure but still sounds really spaced yours just sounds like a bunch of random noise thrown together and to top it off the beats hit when they feel like it or something dunno man maybe just stick to the basics

@NANI beats you remind me of the ost for samurai champloo, like asian hip hip stuff its real cool rly digg this man. i rly like the flow of the mc and your washed out lofi style rly suits him, could maybe work on the mix just so the vocals tsit a tad better... is real nice tho enjoyed it a lot

@CharlesTaylor i like that bassline, rolling bass in hip hop is somewhat rare but it works really nicley here, nice and understated unlike my stuff hahah not quite sure on the windy whooosh ambient sounds but again thats just personal preference

@XIS like people have said that kick needs to be kickier and the snare needs to be snarier..... ok so by that i mean turn that shit up :) the vocals sit quite well its just a shame that the rythmn is so damn low... try using a compressor and maybe a little distortion on ur kick and make sure its running in mono so it punches through same with the snare

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Crispifier this is dope, you are somebody Im going to have to start worrying about, really like your stuff now you have decent sounds, composition is on point, you keep things interesting throughout. Ive got my eyes on you hahahahaha
just wait someday i'm gonna beat you with ur own drums sounds old man ! hahah seriously thank you for all the feedback and help tho :D

Flip G

Nzyte
thanks everyone for the feedback... I'm in the lab now tweaking my drum mix with some NY compression techniques I've seen around... can't wait to post later to see what the feedback is!

@beatsbytmj - nice smoke out track... the synth that sounds like sea gulls is calming for some reason... great effects work too

@NANI beats - this reminds me of a Chris brown or playboy carti type track... love the song, ya'll are vibing out... I appreciate the subtitles too

@clydecartertex - interesting track...the stereo image on this is crazy! be careful tho because too many out of phase sounds will make people motion sick... this reminds me of industrial music tho... keep at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online