Showcase - December 21-27, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealAGE

@TheUnexpected this is pretty dope. That bassline that comes in is really nice. I like the switch up with the snaps coming in instead of the snare. I do think the snare is lacking. It needs to be bigger!

Here is my new one. Chopped a really old jazzy piano song.

B Major

Battle Points: 28
Can anybody give me some review on my latest beat?

Really Nice beat bro Im feeling the switch ups! like @TheRealAGE said i think you should def bring the snares up front more and in my opinion balance the bass a little more dope track though! and i love the visuals! where'd you get them done. Ive been looking for something like that

@TheRealAGE Dope track haha lovin the jazzy feel way to chop it up and glue it all back together! I gotta try something like this

Hey Guys here are 2 beats I actually wanted to enter into the Warzone but slipped and clicked the wrong one haha but if I could Get some honest Feedback thatd be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheUnexpected this is pretty dope. That bassline that comes in is really nice. I like the switch up with the snaps coming in instead of the snare. I do think the snare is lacking. It needs to be bigger!

@TheRealAGE This track definitely gives off that Joey Bada$$ and Action Bronson vibe! I loved everything about it and the mix sounds really nice! Did you make that piano melody or was it a sample? Either way it sounds very well done

Really Nice beat bro Im feeling the switch ups! like @TheRealAGE said i think you should def bring the snares up front more and in my opinion balance the bass a little more dope track though! and i love the visuals! where'd you get them done. Ive been looking for something like that

@TheRealAGE Dope track haha lovin the jazzy feel way to chop it up and glue it all back together! I gotta try something like this

Hey Guys here are 2 beats I actually wanted to enter into the Warzone but slipped and clicked the wrong one haha but if I could Get some honest Feedback thatd be great!

"In the Jungle" was great, the only thing I didn't like was your choice for the bass. The placement was right but I don't think the sound really matched well with the rest of the beat.

"Freakshow" on the other hand was filled with great sound selection and I really liked the melody. I put that on repeat!

Also answering your question about the visuals, I do it myself. Instead of trying to hire someone to do it I'm trying to learn how to make them myself! Adobe After Effects is good for that type of stuff

TheRealAGE

@TheUnexpected thanks man. It was a sample i chopped.

@Brandon Brown i appreciate it. I listened to both of your beats. and i like the sound on in the jungle! i actually like the Sub Bass you have on there. Id say very the notes a little bit on it. It just gets stale a bit. The second beat is odd to me but i could see some people using it. I think the high's need to be tamed a bit. The hats are a bit too much in the mix. other than that it wounds pretty good. snares snap nicely

S3oulC1ty

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 351

ohhhh I feel that one in my chest

#bringbackthesoul

Some feedback on this remix would be appreciated

Slag prod.

Ohh, it has been a while for me to post a beat on showcase. But first the feedback.

Nice job! I like those drums and snares going up and down and from side to side. The beat has this minimalistic touch to it, which I like! It could have used some more changes tho. It was pretty straight forward, which is good for the rapper tho. I think that beat comes alive when someone flows top of it. Good job!

Nice chops! This has original vibe to it and really feels fresh! Cant really come up with anything to improve. Left me speechless.

That in the jungle beat has dope drums. They could be just a tiny bit louder, for my taste. Those sounds you used on this one are really unique, and gives kinda weird touch to the beat, which is a good thing I think.

That second one really is a freakshow! I dont really like those hats, I think they are a bit too loud and dont really sit in to the mix. Again you have great, unique sounds! (I love those snaps/clap sounds) The idea for this beat is there. It just needs a little bit work with the drums. Also the part where that scream comes again and again is a little bit cheesy. Anyway nice job with the beats! Keep it up with those unique sounds!

Hey you had a good beat going on, but then you did something on the master channel and now it is way too full. It is too compressed for my taste. It is too heavy to listen on. Dont go into that loudness war bro.

Anyway, here is mine. It is a snippet this time, because I am thinking of using it myself. Let me know what you think! I promise to give feedback, I always do!

@mod_m@tr!xx I really liked the beat but I think you can maybe use some different sounding kicks and snares to help support the main chords and add some variation to keep people wanting more! I think you needed some better sound selection though but overall pretty good beat.

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap

I really like this, well done! I do agree with @TheRealAGE about the snare - turn that up to match the rest of the levels. When that happens, it will sound much better. Nice sounds too.

@TheRealAGE Super dope! Perfect chops, bass, and drum patterns here. This brings it back to the 90s for me definitely but with contemporary drums and effects.

How Can i improve this one? and tell me what you think so far

The kick drum is dope here, but the snare sounds like it isn't in time. Try to advance that snare a bit in your patterns.

I had a little fun trying to flip Disney's "Let it Go." My daughter asked me to do this a while ago and tis' the season. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Slag prod.

Mod_Matrix, that beat has nice sounds, and vibe to it. But that kick is a bit too loud, and those drums are off beat at some points. And you have many parts there where you drop your drums, and I like the idea but too much is a too much. Anyway nice job!

PhD Beats, I knew that there is gonna be something really dope! And when those vocal samples kicked in, I just lost it! Shit! This is so good, I really enjoyed it! You have done so good job with those chops! All tho maybe those drums could have used some variation, anyway the sounds are perfect and the mix is there. Great job!!

Kozyr

Hey you had a good beat going on, but then you did something on the master channel and now it is way too full. It is too compressed for my taste. It is too heavy to listen on. Dont go into that loudness war bro.

Anyway, here is mine. It is a snippet this time, because I am thinking of using it myself. Let me know what you think! I promise to give feedback, I always do!

[/QUOTE]

Maan, it's so dope!. Chill beat, this is what i like. Preety good!

How Can i improve this one? and tell me what you think so far

Very nice Vibe. Keep it up!

I had a little fun trying to flip Disney's "Let it Go." My daughter asked me to do this a while ago and tis' the season. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Nice Job Homie, I Love samples. Good sound
s

Here it is. Im new guy in this forum and this is my first flip. Check it out

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap

s

[/QUOTE]

@Kozyr Right on man, dope sample! I like the drums especially (the snare rolls are dope - I am really starting to dig these).

Ohh, it has been a while for me to post a beat on showcase. But first the feedback.

Nice job! I like those drums and snares going up and down and from side to side. The beat has this minimalistic touch to it, which I like! It could have used some more changes tho. It was pretty straight forward, which is good for the rapper tho. I think that beat comes alive when someone flows top of it. Good job!

Nice chops! This has original vibe to it and really feels fresh! Cant really come up with anything to improve. Left me speechless.

That in the jungle beat has dope drums. They could be just a tiny bit louder, for my taste. Those sounds you used on this one are really unique, and gives kinda weird touch to the beat, which is a good thing I think.

That second one really is a freakshow! I dont really like those hats, I think they are a bit too loud and dont really sit in to the mix. Again you have great, unique sounds! (I love those snaps/clap sounds) The idea for this beat is there. It just needs a little bit work with the drums. Also the part where that scream comes again and again is a little bit cheesy. Anyway nice job with the beats! Keep it up with those unique sounds!

@Slag prod. Well done! I am really digging the atmospheric sounds more and more. While sampling is dope, I am looking to venture out soon to this type of stuff. Well done on the drums too. I can almost hear an ethereal vox sample in this track. If you have one, stagger it in from time to time (or a few of them).

Slag prod.

PhDBeats, thanks for the advice! Funny how you think of moving towards the world of atmospheric sounds, and at the same time I am bout to look more into sampling!

Kozyr nice flip! All tho I think you should have made it longer because it was kinda hard to get a grip off it. Anyway nice sounds and good mix! You may be new here at Illmuzik but you have been definitely doing music for a while.

Nice job, Unexpected! It sure was big, with that bass and sub kick! Those hi synths were a bit too loud time to time.. That c-part/ending where that gate kicked in, was surely unexpected, and sounded good! Gave a nice touch to it. Whole beat sounded professional, but I gotta say that those kinda of beats are not really my thing. Good job!

Aww man! dont know what to say. This has that Harlem shake vibe to it! So thats good, I think. Nice idea, and sampling, it had a good feeling. And good mix also, maybe those low frequencies need an another look, or maybe it was just me. Seemed a bit too "full" for my ears.. I got used to it tho after couple times. Good job!

S

Slim Ignition

It's a cool beat but I like the vibe of the beat that stands out to me.

Nice beat to me.

Like the sound it's what makes the beat stand out with the simple drum pattern.

s

[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.