Showcase - December 1-7, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubbs66

beautiful noise - nice crispy sound, i like the use of white noise. i'd like to hear it broken down a bit, see how some of the individual sounds work together. would also like to hear some vocals over it!

janis - very nice. mellow and minimal. nice progression throughout. was the hook sampled or programmed?

here's another of my cheeky remixes - marvin gaye's 'heard it through the grape vine. i started this one last year and put it aside. had another go on it last week and am feeling like it's just about almost nearly finished.

Dox1

chubbs - that has a nice, happy bounce to it. nice cuts on that

Noise - its cool but for me personally i think there should be some type of switch up or filter on it at some points. similar to what chubbs has on their track. Just so it doesnt seem too repetitive.

janis - i agree with chubbs on this one. very chill soothing feel to it. not bad

Raninthacut

Nothing here yet.

Love it !! The drums are just the way i like them and i love the jazz style

I havent had much luck on this site with my trap beats. But ill try once more. For this i tried to make a down south 1017 type beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dox1

I havent had much luck on this site with my trap beats. But ill try once more. For this i tried to make a down south 1017 type beat.

im thinking possibly add some strings and i would say bring the brass out a little more. but everything us sounds good

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8

chubbs - that has a nice, happy bounce to it. nice cuts on that

Noise - its cool but for me personally i think there should be some type of switch up or filter on it at some points. similar to what chubbs has on their track. Just so it doesnt seem too repetitive.

janis - i agree with chubbs on this one. very chill soothing feel to it. not bad

Dox, thanks for the feedback. I played around with the samples for this beat, and originally was going to have a hook for the break down. After listening to the transition, I felt it was better to go in this repetitive direction. Sometimes I get crazy with the samples, and sometimes beats like this are the end result. I feel experimenting with this beat any further will take away from the simplicity of it.

Love it !! The drums are just the way i like them and i love the jazz style

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dox1

Dox, thanks for the feedback. I played around with the samples for this beat, and originally was going to have a hook for the break down. After listening to the transition, I felt it was better to go in this repetitive direction. Sometimes I get crazy with the samples, and sometimes beats like this are the end result. I feel experimenting with this beat any further will take away from the simplicity of it.
ometimes
well if thats case then its perfect. ats not easy sGlad you were able to get exactly what you were going for. Th

S

sirisaacnewton

[/QUOTE]

CHUBBSS, this is a great remix! a friend of mine also did something similar with "through the grapevine", it is a very funky jam for sure. Something I could cruise around town all day to.

Check out this rework i did of joey bada$$' "big dusty"..

Chubbs66

dox - nice and atmospheric, i like that synth sound that comes in about half way through. cool but could use some more bass for my tastes

sirisaacnewton - thanks for the feedback! another chilled jazzy piece. i haven't heard the original but it's sounding nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.